Support Resources

Internal Knowledge Base

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Joined May-2017

Anchor Link Scroll Effect Using a Hubspot CTA

Hi, Im trying to add a link to a cta button so that when clicked the page scrolls. Unfortunatly in the cta edit I need to add a valid URL protocol to the link field. I can only add the whole url which forces the page to reload to the anchor point rather than allowing me to just add #anchorname into the link field.

Is there any way that I can use hubspot cta buttons to call a #anchorname only?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Advisor
Joined November-2016

Re: Anchor Link Scroll Effect Using a Hubspot CTA

Is there a reason your trying to use a CTA for this  vs a regular HTML anchor tag? CTA's are used to track views, clicks and submissions for converstion analytics. I don't see a whole lot of value using a CTA over a standard HTML anchor link for in-page navigation.

HubSpot Employee
Joined October-2016

Re: Anchor Link Scroll Effect Using a Hubspot CTA

@ndwilliams3 I would completely agree! Unless you had a specific reason for doing so, I wouldn't think that a page navigation would need to be built with CTAs. @Woodsy I don't believe that you can use relative URLs in the CTA tool but you can follow along with the instructions in this Academy article (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/cta/can-i-use-an-anchor-id-in-the-url-link-of-a-h...) to add an anchor ID to the end of an absolute URL. 

0 Kudos