CMS Development

AprilJoy
Participant

Advanced Menu Not Working in Einstein Theme

SOLVE

Hi,

We had an agency set us up using the Einstein Theme. Now that we are adding more content, we need a user-friendly menu so people can navigate our products. 

However, as I add pages, I'm discovering that the advanced menu is not working properly. Our angency wants to charge us for this. We feel this is a functionality that should have been included in the initial price.

We'd rather pay someone else to fix it if we have to.

Is there anyone who can help us with this issue?

advanced-menu.jpg

Thank you,

alentini@jtech.com 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@AprilJoy,

This is a fairly simple fix. You css is targeting your second tier menus and setting them to position:absolute. if you change this to position fixed it should cause them to go under your parent item. as far as disabling flying outs, that should be a setting within your template under the menu you are editing. There are a lot of things that could possibly need to be done in order to get it exactly like you want but without access to your code I couldn't give you an exact how to. open your inspector tool and play with the css, it should be simple to reset. You can pm me if you would like help.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@AprilJoy,

This is a fairly simple fix. You css is targeting your second tier menus and setting them to position:absolute. if you change this to position fixed it should cause them to go under your parent item. as far as disabling flying outs, that should be a setting within your template under the menu you are editing. There are a lot of things that could possibly need to be done in order to get it exactly like you want but without access to your code I couldn't give you an exact how to. open your inspector tool and play with the css, it should be simple to reset. You can pm me if you would like help.

AprilJoy
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jsum,

About a year ago, you helped us with some CSS issues on our left column menu. We are having trouble again. 

I created a second blog for our dealer portal

Correct Dealer Portal Menu:

dealer-portal.PNGWhen I created the second blog, I included the dealer menu so the user could navigate:

dealer-news.PNGAgain, we are having issues with the CSS styling of the menu.

We'd love to pay you promptly to fix this. You were such a great help to us last time. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hey @AprilJoy,

I got back from vacation later than expected. I sent you an email regarding this matter. As a reference though, in cases where not all of the styling transfers over it is either a case of missing class(es) or a missing style sheet. I think your menu is missing classes in this case since most of your styling is applying correctly. Check the working menu's module options in the template for classes and make sure they are also applied to your blog's menu.

0 Upvotes