Content Hub for Marketers

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Your SEO Checklist

To optimize a site, you need to improve ranking factors in three areas — technical website setup, content, and links.

With so many factors to consider, how do you ensure each piece of content is optimized for success? What makes it to the top of your SEO checklist when creating a piece of content?

Bonus: How does your team ensure SEO remains top-of-mind throughout the content creation process?

*To learn more about this, check out the Optimizing Your Website For Search Engines in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

52 Replies 52
SHazarika

Your SEO Checklist

Enhancing a website involves enhancing ranking elements across three key domains: technical website setup, content quality, and link building.

Given the multitude of considerations, how do you guarantee that each content piece is geared towards optimal performance? What key aspects top your SEO checklist during content creation?

AKaur31
Participant

Your SEO Checklist

A successful SEO checklist includes keyword research, on-page optimization, quality content, user-friendly design, technical SEO, link building, local SEO, social media integration, regular monitoring, and maintaining site security. These practices collectively enhance online visibility and user experience.

0 Upvotes
SKaur71
Participant

Your SEO Checklist

Fundamental SEO elements involve keyword exploration, technical optimization, content development, on-page enhancements, off-page strategies like link building, and ensuring a seamless user experience.

0 Upvotes
HKaur0
Participant

Your SEO Checklist

SEO basics,keyword research,technical SEO,content &on-page ,link building &off-page,user experience

0 Upvotes
SJaramilloCar

Your SEO Checklist

My SEO checklist incluyes: 

Google AMP use

Https implementation

Well structured language with keywords

Linked with other web domains

Visual content

Originality

Great course and lessons so far!

0 Upvotes
Bugege

Your SEO Checklist

SEO is an ongoing process and continous optimization is key to improving your content performance overtime

0 Upvotes
tracylin

Your SEO Checklist

Do I need to sign up a paid Hubspot account to finish my exercise for CMS for Marketers certificate? I don't see SEO menu under Marketing > Website as the instruction says. Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
theae

Your SEO Checklist

The SEO must include keywords that are relveant to what needs to be seen.

RahmatJ

Your SEO Checklist

creating guidelines like word limit, keyword limit and para contexts beforehand

0 Upvotes
DDAngeloJr
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Your SEO Checklist

Our SEO Checklist, for now, is comprised of 3 main things.

- Relevance
- Keywords
- Technical Setup

0 Upvotes
HLerner
Participant

Your SEO Checklist

We worked with a volunteer and checked every web page for SEO, from assuring that each photo had an html description to editing pages down for clarity and better word count.  What we don't have is an ongoing "check up" process to make sure it stays clean and searchable.   I'd love to find a check list for monthly SEO that a volunteer could easily do for us.  

0 Upvotes
ASmith27

Your SEO Checklist

Every checklist must depend of each type of content. SEO for home page is shortly different than optimizing a blogpost. 

0 Upvotes
meghapanchal5

Your SEO Checklist

Every checklist must depend of each type of content. SEO for home page is shortly different than optimizing a blogpost. 

0 Upvotes
molayamkt

Your SEO Checklist

0 Upvotes
KPriore
Participant

Your SEO Checklist

Can I get my practice modules rebooted and some help? I tried live chat and that didn't work. I am trying to build the website to get my certification currently but I am running into issues and having permission issues as well. 

0 Upvotes
Cathy_Lamberth
Participant

Your SEO Checklist

We have a very finite market. This might narrow our keywords more than other industries/markets. Beyond that, our checklist is the list presented on the HubSpot Optimize tab. 

0 Upvotes
MoussaMazouzi
Contributor

Your SEO Checklist

This is a very helpful recap of a top-level checklist. Thank you for linking to these great resources as well! An introduction to SEO (what it is and how it works) can be overwhelming to a beginner. I needed to break it down into bite-sized chunks in the form of a checklist.

0 Upvotes
Shahbaz
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Your SEO Checklist

With so many factors to consider, how do you ensure each piece of content is optimized for success?
Truthfully - by reviewing each piece of content on a continuous basis. SEO like my website is not a 'one and done' and because soooo many sites have this mentality we get the distinct honor of educating our clients, contacts, prospects, and vendors on how to be continuously reviewing this!

What makes it to the top of your SEO checklist when creating a piece of content?

How shareable is this for my readers? my clients? How many of the people accessing this content will do something with the information in it? What will be the outcome of their interaction? 

Bonus: How does your team ensure SEO remains top-of-mind throughout the content creation process?

We make it a part of the process of creation, SEO is not an after thought, it's a before, during, and again thought.

Migrate. Setup. Integrate. Create Co-opetition with us! https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/Shahbaz
CWheywell
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Your SEO Checklist

SEO is important because it tells Google all about your website and how you provide value to visitors and customers. It helps your site be optimized for both human eyes and search engine bots

We always start with a content audit, use tools like SEM Rush and our own agency experts to focus on the why and evident the facts. 

Heres a fantastic knowldege wrap: https://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/33655/a-step-by-step-guide-to-flawless-on-page-seo-free... 

Here are a few best practices for writing high-quality page content (we'll touch on some of these in more detail below, in our Checklist😞

• Incorporate short and long-tail keywords naturally.
  • Add engaging and relevant visual content.
  • Write for your specific buyer persona(s).
  • Actively solve your audience's problem.
  • Develop content people will share and want to link to.
  • Optimize for conversions with CTAs to offers and product pages.

Page content is your opportunity to communicate value to Google and your site visitors; it's the heart of the on-page SEO process. 

LFiegelist
Participant

Your SEO Checklist

This is a very helpful recap of a top-level checklist. Thanks for linking to these great resources as well! To a beginner, the introduction of SEO (what it is and how it works) can be overwhelming--even daunting. Breaking it down into bite-sized chunks in the form of a checklist is just what I needed!

0 Upvotes