CMS Development

simonp

seo crawlable links

hubspot2.pnghubspot.png

Hello

Looking at the SEO on our site.

In the main menu I utilised a drop down where the parent item doesn;t link to a page but acts as trigger for the subsequent page links. Within the hubspot menu setup itself the parent is defined as No link item.

This is a no-no in terms of seo, eg there no crawlable links - I have a blank <a href = "">  

apart from actual creating actual  linkable pages associated with the menu item.  Are there any measures I can take to avoid a blank <ahref=""> and still show the drop down?

I am trying to avoid using javascript to remove the href  attribute eg  . removeAttr();
I am not even aware even that would get around the problem?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
SNigam
Key Advisor

seo crawlable links

Hello @simonp ,

One solution to avoid a blank <a href=""> while still showing the dropdown would be to use an "onclick" event instead of a href attribute for the parent item. You can use JavaScript to trigger the dropdown when the parent item is clicked, without needing to link to a separate page.

However, keep in mind that this may still not be the most SEO-friendly option as search engines may not be able to follow the onclick event to discover the content in the dropdown. It may be worth considering alternative navigation structures that allow for crawlable links to improve your website's SEO.

I hope this will help you.

Thank you 

Shubham Nigam

0 Upvotes