CMS Development

rohansdeeson
Top Contributor

send email from CMS Page

So I have a confirmation page that people get sent to after booking a meeting. 

This has a stripe payment integration on it for them to pay for the meeting booking.

However we want to have the option to pay by invoice instead so if they click pay by invoice I would like to just send an email to an admin to request that they create an invoice.

Is there a way to send an email from a cms template? I have seen there is an API to send an email but you require marketing hub to achieve this.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
thesnappingdog
Contributor

send email from CMS Page

but you require marketing hub to achieve this.

Am i correct to assume that you dont have access to the emailing and workflows tool? If you did, a form submission + workflow + email could be the way to go like @Kevin-C mentioned

However if you don't, and you specifically want the page to be in control when an email is sent, you could explore a scenario where:

- if invoice is ticked on form, send all form inputs to a webhook destination. Either by using the form onSubmit handler or even adding a onClick event to the submit button (if its not a hubspot form)

- Parse the data and create an email (yourself with code, or write that info a google spreadsheet and use zapier to read and create an email with that) https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/integrations/webhook

would need to understand what tools you can use for a more detailed idea though 

rohansdeeson
Top Contributor

send email from CMS Page

So there is no function to just send an email when a user does something as you would in a simple PHP or .net page.
I don't really have a need to embed a form on the page to do this I just want to send an email behind the scenes.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

send email from CMS Page

@Hi @rohansdeeson , 

Thanks for submitting the question.  I am thinking that creating a workflow would be the best solution to this.

What HubSpot subscriptions do you currently have?

@Kevin-C , @ajchapman20 , @thesnappingdog -- Do you guys have thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Kevin-C
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

send email from CMS Page

@dennisedson I believe that a workflow would be one of the first things I'd try.

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev