CMS Development

katerina
Mitglied

optimize skyscraper ad for mobile devices

lösung

Hello,

I emailed hubspot and was told I could get help figuring this out through thte forum:

The skscrapper ad for our newsletter is getting pushed down when seen on a mobile device? How can I fix this?

preview: http://communication.halldale.com/military-simulation-and-training-news?hs_preview=VOjydMUc-53434127...

mobile preview: 

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 11.52.27 AM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
edjusten
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @katerina Welcome to the community.   The real issue here is the module containing the Skyscrapper ad.

The vertical orientation of the module does not allow it to stack similarly to all the other horizontal modules in the email, therefore it is hampering the responsiveness of the email. I was able to find your support ticket and saw that the agent you were working with made a clone without the vertical ad. That message in much more responsive thanks to the missing vertical module. 

There is no HTML magic that will size down the vertical module, or convert it to a horizontal module on a mobile device. At this point, you will need to decide whether to keep the vertical module thereby sacrificing responsiveness, or redesig the ad module horizontally for better resposiveness. 

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page and check out the upcoming AMA with Deb Calvert.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
1 Antwort
edjusten
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @katerina Welcome to the community.   The real issue here is the module containing the Skyscrapper ad.

The vertical orientation of the module does not allow it to stack similarly to all the other horizontal modules in the email, therefore it is hampering the responsiveness of the email. I was able to find your support ticket and saw that the agent you were working with made a clone without the vertical ad. That message in much more responsive thanks to the missing vertical module. 

There is no HTML magic that will size down the vertical module, or convert it to a horizontal module on a mobile device. At this point, you will need to decide whether to keep the vertical module thereby sacrificing responsiveness, or redesig the ad module horizontally for better resposiveness. 

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page and check out the upcoming AMA with Deb Calvert.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes