CMS Development

BGoosen
Contributor

minified main.css doesn't update

SOLVE

I see a few old posts about this issue, but none of them seem to match my experience.

I'm using a theme that has a main.css file that combines several component CSS files, and I am making some modifications to the style.css component.

The thing I'm seeing, it doesn't update on the live site, not even if I also go in and make a trivial change to the main.css and click publish like the old thread suggests.

So I spend a bunch of time trying to figure out what is going on, and then eventually after some amount of time has passed, suddenly my changes appear.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Do you know a way to force a refresh of the minified CSS?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BGoosen
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

This issue was resolved by HubSpot customer support. If anyone finds this post because they are having a similar issue, you'll likely need to open a ticket.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
BGoosen
Contributor

SOLVE

Ok, well now I just made a change and it showed up immediately after I forced main.css to update, so the experience I described earlier could just be me being confused. 

0 Upvotes
BGoosen
Contributor

SOLVE

And now it's clearly using CSS from an hour ago. This is driving me crazy!

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @BGoosen 

I have to admit, HubSpot really does cache things with an iron grip! 

There is a chrome extension that our Community maintains that has a cache busting option. 

@Gonzalo , the main guy behind this extension, is also in the process of adding some updated 👀

0 Upvotes
BGoosen
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

This issue was resolved by HubSpot customer support. If anyone finds this post because they are having a similar issue, you'll likely need to open a ticket.

0 Upvotes
BGoosen
Contributor

SOLVE

I opened a ticket this morning as it was still showing an old version of my CSS on the test page and the tech thought it might be a caching issue.

That extension looks very intersting, and the cache buster should let me test my changes, but that wouldn't help if I needed to show the test page to someone who didn't have the extension, right?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes