CMS Development

remygardien

migrate to granular CRM scopes

Hi 👋 
We got an email asking us to migrate to granular CRM scopes. It says in order to finish our app’s migration, we’re required to complete the below steps:

1. Update your install URL for new app installs. Log into your developer portal
2. Scroll down to "Install URL (OAuth)" then click the "Copy full URL" button
3. Note: if your install URL is blank, you need to enter a redirect URL in the section below first.
4. Once you've entered a redirect URL, click "Save" and an install URL will be generated.
5. Update your install URL wherever users install your app
Tip: On your app listing page select “Install app” and update your OAuth URL on the linked page.
6. Update any code referencing the contacts scope
If your code makes any other references to the contacts scope, you will need to update it to granular CRM scopes, e.g. replace “contacts” with “crm.objects.contacts.read”

I didn’t get steps 5 and 6;

step 5 -> where is that exactly happening? We don’t seem to use hard-install URLs, seems like coming from API?
step 6 -> How do I find out that I’m referring to those scopes as there is no direct usage of scope in our codebase.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

migrate to granular CRM scopes

Hi @remygardien

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I just wanted tag some of our experts into this to get their expertise on this @webdew@Teun , and @Indra

Best, 

@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.
0 Upvotes