CMS Development

ALetaw
Member | Gold Partner
Member | Gold Partner

internal error when adding JSON data

Hi All,

I have created a module and added the style fields JSON data to the JSON file using the copy/paste option in the module's editor.  Once added, I get the error:  1. Error:internal error but no other information.  I ran the code through a JSON validator and it is not finding a problem.  Could someone please explain what this error means? 

Also, is there a useful help page on HS for this?  I've read through the Debugging and Errors page with little success, (but maybe I missed something..)

Thanks for the help,

Anna

3 Replies 3
awrietow
Contributor

Anna, 

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same erro/issue with my "fields.json" theme file.

I can't see any issue and I also ran the code trhough a validator that reported "valid"

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 7.03.01 AM.png

0 Upvotes
ALetaw
Member | Gold Partner
Member | Gold Partner

Hi Awrietow, 

Turns out I misunderstood the function of the JSON file.  I had added Module JSON when it should only have contained Theme JSON.

Anna

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @ALetaw 👋 Thanks for the great question. One place to check for more details is to open the page, open the network tab in your page inspector tool and see if more details appear.

Looking through older support tickets, one culprit here is the border-radius is being added to border fields. This will throw an error as 

“border_radius is an invalid property for border fields”

The recommended quick fix for that issue specifically is to remove and re-add the border style fields. 

If your network tab reveals a different error, please paste it here, and we can take a more in-depth look.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes