CMS Development

stanyul
Participant

edit CSS on pop up window

I’m looking for some help in modifying the CSS on the pop up window.

Click the yellow button..

https://www.interoptechnologies.com/short-message-service-center-0?hs_preview=mzgTaMwq-9435104012

I’d like to change the color of the buttons and lower the point size of the legalize copy. I tried changing the <p> on the master CSS but it changes it for the entire site. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Jsum
Key Advisor

Hi @stanyul ,

First, you want to be careful about changing global css:

p, li, a, etc.

because no matter where you put it, it will apply to any element on the page. You should scope your css.

The yellow button doesn't work, but there is a link labeled "click to open" at the bottom of your page. That opens a popup. The popup's most outer wrapper has an ID you can scope off of like so:

#bbs-modal-window p {
  /* some css */
}

and this will target the paragraphs specifically inside the popup.

In an effort to keep things modular, I would suggest finding the custom module containing the popup, and changing/adding css to the css area of that specific module. You should still scope your css as described above.

Let me know if that helps.

Need help? Hire Us Here

0 Upvotes
stanyul
Participant

Jsum, thanks. I'll look to applying this when I am freed from current project. Thank you
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @stanyul,

Are you still looking for help with this matter? I tried clicking on the yellow button, but nothing opened. 

The more screenshots, details, and links you can share, the better the Community can assist.

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
stanyul
Participant

I was pulle don another project so right now no. Thank you
0 Upvotes