CMS Development

jpineda91
Contributor

dnd padding not updating on website page

SOLVE

Hello, I need some help on how to update the padding-right on a dnd_column. Before I worked on it the padding-right was set to 71px, I updated it to 32px and it looks good on the preview from Design Manager, but on the actual page it is still 71px

{% dnd_column width=6, padding={
  'top': 0,
  'bottom': 0,
  'left': 0,
  'right': 32
} %}

Preview (Design Manager)Preview (Design Manager)Website page previewWebsite page preview

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Teun
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jpineda91 ,

If I am not mistaken, once a template has been used to create a website page and the page is edited afterwards, you can no longer update the padding through the template code because the website page created its own version of the template.

So in your case, you probably need to adjust the padding through the page editor by clicking on the 'style' options of the DND column.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Teun
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jpineda91 ,

If I am not mistaken, once a template has been used to create a website page and the page is edited afterwards, you can no longer update the padding through the template code because the website page created its own version of the template.

So in your case, you probably need to adjust the padding through the page editor by clicking on the 'style' options of the DND column.

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

jpineda91
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Teun 
Thanks for your reply.
I was not able to update the styles in the editor, but creating a new page solved the issue as the template had the updated padding.

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@jpineda91 out of curiosity, since you were only having an issue on the live page and not in design manager, did you try busting the cache before rebuilding the page?

This sounds like it could have just been server-side caching.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes
jpineda91
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi, @Jnix284 thanks for your reply!
I did try to clear cookies and restarted my machine but it would not update on the page that was created prior to the update.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

@jpineda91 as @Teun mentioned, there is actually a chrome extension that provides developer tools for HubSpot, one of them being a cache buster for server side cache. 

Individual browser cache is not the same as server side cache, to break it, you can add this to the end of the URL: &hsCacheBuster=4567 (using any random number string).

Hopefully it helps, whether to resolve this issue or one in the future! 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

jpineda91
Contributor

SOLVE

@Jnix284 Thank you so much!
I'm learning so many new things in this community 😊

Teun

SOLVE

@jpineda91 

@Jnix284 makes a very good point, whenever you create a page and edit the page afterwards, the page is a copy of the template and will not receive all of the changes you make on a template level, however, if you are developing, being able to bust cache is a very important feature.

Try this chrome extension, it has a button that allows you to bust the cache.

jpineda91
Contributor

SOLVE

@Teun Thank you so much for this recommendation!

0 Upvotes