CMS Development

Manobyte
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

crm_associations dont seem to pull inside emails

lösung

Im trying to pull custom objects associated to contacts in an email. And I have confirmed that my code is working on regular pages, but it is blank when I put the module in an email. So im wondering, does the {{ crm_associations() }} function not work in emails? or is there a different way to pull that information. 

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Manobyte
Lösung

lösung

An update on this, I tryed using the crm_associations() call with a static ID rather then the personalization token ID, and it did return the expected values. I then found someone with a similar porblem on the developer slack that sugested not using the personalization token, but rather just using the 'contact.hs_object_id' right in the association call like this:

• {% set associated_objects = crm_associations(contact.hs_object_id, "USER_DEFINED", 18, "limit=20&orderBy=-weekly_pay", "company,connect_url,title,description,weekly_pay,start_date,end_date,shift_length,address,city,state,zip") %}

And this has worked for me!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
5 Antworten
Manobyte
Lösung

lösung

An update on this, I tryed using the crm_associations() call with a static ID rather then the personalization token ID, and it did return the expected values. I then found someone with a similar porblem on the developer slack that sugested not using the personalization token, but rather just using the 'contact.hs_object_id' right in the association call like this:

• {% set associated_objects = crm_associations(contact.hs_object_id, "USER_DEFINED", 18, "limit=20&orderBy=-weekly_pay", "company,connect_url,title,description,weekly_pay,start_date,end_date,shift_length,address,city,state,zip") %}

And this has worked for me!

0 Upvotes
fregini
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

lösung

I was not able to make it work, In only one case I've got an object representing an empty list while I had items in the association, I've tried with different association ids from the schema. In other cases even though the UI in the design tools was not showing error (it shows error on the line with  crm_associations if the property is not found on the association) I've got a null in return. 

Any clue about what I may be doing wrong?

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hey, @Manobyte! Thank you very much for sharing your solution here with the community 🧡 — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi, @Manobyte 👋 Thanks for reaching out! Can you share a code block or example? This helps the community to better understand possible root issues.

Hey, @jolle @Anton @Jake_Lett, do you have any tips or thoughts you can share with @Manobyte?

Thank you! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
Manobyte

lösung

I pull the ID using the personalization_token(), and this works just fine, but the 2nd part for the crm_associations() returns nothing, dispite it working just fine on a webpage, and previewing as a contact that has the association.

{% set contact_id = personalization_token('contact.hs_object_id', '') %}
{% set associated_objects = crm_associations(contact_id, "USER_DEFINED", 18, "limit=20&orderBy=-weekly_pay", "company,connect_url,title,description,weekly_pay,start_date,end_date,shift_length,address,city,state,zip") %}

0 Upvotes