CMS Development

LPicard

contact categories

SOLVE

Hello,

We would like to categorize and gather our contacts by type of business (e.g. fitness trainers, pharmacies, organic stores...) in closed groups, so that we don't get mixed up with all the different types of businesses.
However, we can't do this with the view, filter or list system.
Do you have a solution for us to group our contacts by categories please?

Thank you a lot.

Sincerely,

L. Picard

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
miljkovicmisa
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

contact categories

SOLVE

Hello @LPicard , you could use dynamic lists, here is a link, explaining what they are and how to create them. If you need any further help implementing that, don't hesitate to write here.

If my answer was helpful please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

contact categories

SOLVE
Hello,

In this case I would suggest you to create a custom property named as ‘Business Category’ and whenever and however you creating contact just need to update this property also and this property should be drop down type and you can add all of your business type in its LOV(list of values) then at last on the basis of this property you can segment your contacts and you can create list of adding filter of this property.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks
Shubham Nigam

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

contact categories

SOLVE
Hello,

In this case I would suggest you to create a custom property named as ‘Business Category’ and whenever and however you creating contact just need to update this property also and this property should be drop down type and you can add all of your business type in its LOV(list of values) then at last on the basis of this property you can segment your contacts and you can create list of adding filter of this property.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks
Shubham Nigam
0 Upvotes
miljkovicmisa
Solution

contact categories

SOLVE

Hello @LPicard , you could use dynamic lists, here is a link, explaining what they are and how to create them. If you need any further help implementing that, don't hesitate to write here.

If my answer was helpful please mark it as a solution.

0 Upvotes