CMS Development

batjaa
Participant

blog_subscribe is not working as intended

SOLVE

The `blog_subscribe` hubl code is supposed to generate ajax form but instead it's creating a legacy form which results to a full page refresh and the user can't see the thank you message.

my hubl code:

```
{% blog_subscribe "blog_subscribe_sidebar" no_title=True %}
```

as a reference please checkout https://blog.quartzy.com/3-culture-contaminants-you-hate-and-how-to-save-your-cells

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
gotohubspot
Solution

SOLVE

{% blog_subscribe "subscribe_designers_blog" select_blog='default', title='Subscribe to the Designers Blog', response_message='Thanks for Subscribing!', label='Blog Email Subscription', overrideable=False %}

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
gotohubspot

SOLVE

Have you tried the code below ? 

{% blog_subscribe "blog_subscribe_sidebar" no_title=True, response_message='Thanks for subscribing!' %}

0 Upvotes
batjaa
Participant

SOLVE

No, because the response_message is by default provided by "than you" or something.

If you go to the blog and see the generated code it's not the same as the example output in the docs.

0 Upvotes
gotohubspot

SOLVE

go by this link https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/why-ditch-thank-you-messages-for-pages and try to subscribe, it will take you to another page with thank you message. Does it fits for you?

0 Upvotes
gotohubspot
Solution

SOLVE

{% blog_subscribe "subscribe_designers_blog" select_blog='default', title='Subscribe to the Designers Blog', response_message='Thanks for Subscribing!', label='Blog Email Subscription', overrideable=False %}

batjaa
Participant

SOLVE

I had to apply a `response_message` to make it work. Don't know why... :angryface:

0 Upvotes
gotohubspot

SOLVE

Good luck, thanks for share. Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
wisenlucky
Participant

SOLVE

0 Upvotes
wisenlucky
Participant

SOLVE

Sorry to Hijack this thread - dont have permissions to post somehow. 
What's the best way to subscribe to hubspot community post manually? 

If i press "subscribe" on last messge of the post it doesnt always work. if i press "subscribe" to first - same result.

0 Upvotes