CMS Development

AudreyLeComte

Would like to make the header and the footer of LP dynamic

Hello, 

I would like to use my website footer and header on the landing pages hosted by Hubspot. 

I know that I could copy the CSS in a template in Hubspot but this is not my goal.

Actually, we regularly made changes  on our websites and I would like to avoid having to pass on the changes in Hubspot. 

What I imagine is to "call" the header and the footer from my website in a Hubspot module I would use in a template.

Is it possible ?

Thanks for your help

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Would like to make the header and the footer of LP dynamic

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: We regularly make changes on our websites and would like to avoid having to [code] the changes in Hubspot. What I imagine is to "call" the header and the footer from my website ...?!?

Short A: We too have dreams of headers and footers all joining together in one happy place called ... wait for it ... 'header-footer land'. haha

Longer A:

Seriously though, we'll address address some best practice concerns and let the devs sort out the roadblocks to implementing such a solution.

"We regularly make changes on our websites ... [meaning the nav?]" ...

Wait. What? Why?

-1- One of the surest ways to confuse an audience, increase your bounce rate, and lower your conversion rate is to play whack-a-mole with your navigation ---  and that's precisely what's contained in the header (and many footers) -- navigation. (not recommended)

-2- One of the surest ways to confuse a search engine, increase your bounce rate, and lower your page rank is to ... wait for it ... play whack-a-mole with your navigation.

-3- HubSpot landing pages (and landing pages in general) should NOT contain the navigation from your website header. In fact, that's the whole point of a landing page -- to force focus on a specific CTA or (in special cases) a set of related CTAs.

(see image)

HubSpot Landing Page ExampleHubSpot Landing Page Example 

Repeat 3 times after me ... 'no whack-a-mole nav' ... 'no whack-a-mole nav' ... 'no whack-a-mole nav'. Ok. You are now healed. haha

Seriously. Great question. If only such a thing could be easily implemented. Could you image the time it would save for all the clients with sites hosted on other platforms?

Can't wait to read what the devs write on this one. Thanks for that.

Have a great weekend.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution today.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com