CMS Development

rossatgrowth
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

WordPress to HubSpot Migration

Résolue

Hello all,

We're looking into building a page on WordPress and transferring it to HubSpot's CMS. Does anyone have experience with HubSpot's website migration service? We're looking to build a site for a client on WordPress (likely worth mentioning using Divi builder) and transfer it over to HubSpot for ease of development. We've found it a bit of a struggle to take a mockup and build it in HubSpot without using pure HTML/CSS (not a major issue but adds a lot of hours and almost defeats the purpose of a CMS).

During a search of the forums, I came across this theme which advertises drag and drops capability. Does anyone have experience with the Drive theme?

Any feedback on either of these items is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Anton
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @rossatgrowth

if you "migrate" pages from Divi often I think it would be best to create a "Divi clone" theme with all the modules and settings you're commonly using. Sure it can be quite time consuming first, but after some time it can be a time saver. Also: You can sell it to the customer 🙂

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
Anton
Solution

Résolue

Hi @rossatgrowth

if you "migrate" pages from Divi often I think it would be best to create a "Divi clone" theme with all the modules and settings you're commonly using. Sure it can be quite time consuming first, but after some time it can be a time saver. Also: You can sell it to the customer 🙂

best, 

Anton

Anton

Résolue

Hi fellow Divi user!

You can try/use the migration service - but to be honest - I wouldn't use it(had a few "not the best" experiences in the past). Also the migration is mostly very limited in case of functionality. They're most likely migrate the general look&feel. No Modules will be developed (for my knowledge) - this means that you'll have only the default HubSpot modules in the migration and you'll need to develop custom ones for specific usecases like hero-slider and such things. 

If you buy Drive theme - there is no real need for the migration service imo. Also - I would check if 25 modules are enough because if not - you'll need to develop your own modules(and CSS).

"Conclusion": If you want to migrate the page fast and you can afford to invest a few dollars - try the migration service. If you want to save some bucks - try a/the theme. 

best, 

Anton

best, 

Anton

rossatgrowth

Résolue

Hello @Anton,

Thanks for your response! Sounds like migration isn't the way to go.

Having been a Divi user yourself, what would you personally recommend for a smooth design/dev experience on HubSpot's CMS? I've personally found it difficult to develop from a mockup without using anything except for raw HTML/CSS, which aside from being time-consuming also makes it incredibly difficult for the client to make changes themselves. I'd really love to think there's another way aside from developing modules from scratch in order to match a mockup without investing 5x the hours it would take with a builder on WordPress but have yet to find anything of that nature. Recently our agency has started recommending HubSpot's CMS over WordPress to clients so it's vital we're able to develop these pages in a time-efficient manner.

Thanks again!

-Ross

dennisedson
Équipe de développement de HubSpot
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Résolue

@rossatgrowth, you probably would like to opinion of someone who is less biased than me.  Let me sound the bell for some feedback 🛎

@Anton@daveroma , @pixl_labs ,  @dbeau79  what advice do you have 😀