CMS Development

BGoosen
Colaborador(a)

Which folder in Design Manager can have modules? (newbie question)

resolver

Hi, I'm just getting started with HubSpot CMS, and am working on an existing site where they've got a lot of custom modules, and were wondering if they could get rid of some of them. I'd like to recommend that they just move them to some sort of "Archive" folder so they can get back to them later if needed, but I'm not finding documentation on where all HubSpot looks when a designer is selecting modules.

Can anyone point me to any helpful documentation on this?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Brownstephen101
Solução
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

resolver

If they are using a theme, then in the page editor's it will show the modules inside of the theme first, and you wont be able to access theme modules from outside of that theme, so just make sure an modules you want to use are inside of the theme folder.

If they are not using a theme, then you can really place the modules anywhere an they will be available as long as the page type on the module is the same as the type of page you are putting it (normally website pages). 

You should be good to "archive" any modules that aren't being used by moving it into an "archive" folder, but they will still be available unless you disable editing in the content editor. When you do this, you'll probably want to "check dependencies" on any modules that you are moving incase they are being referenced in templates, which could break the path if you move them.

You can check dependencies by right clicking on modules in the left hand side of the design manager and then clicking "Show Dependents".

Hope that helps.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
Brownstephen101
Solução

resolver

If they are using a theme, then in the page editor's it will show the modules inside of the theme first, and you wont be able to access theme modules from outside of that theme, so just make sure an modules you want to use are inside of the theme folder.

If they are not using a theme, then you can really place the modules anywhere an they will be available as long as the page type on the module is the same as the type of page you are putting it (normally website pages). 

You should be good to "archive" any modules that aren't being used by moving it into an "archive" folder, but they will still be available unless you disable editing in the content editor. When you do this, you'll probably want to "check dependencies" on any modules that you are moving incase they are being referenced in templates, which could break the path if you move them.

You can check dependencies by right clicking on modules in the left hand side of the design manager and then clicking "Show Dependents".

Hope that helps.

dennisedson
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

resolver

If you are working with the CLI, each of the modules will have a meta.json folder.  Within that, you can change is_available_for_new_content from true to false.

BGoosen
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Maybe that was a dumb question? It looks like the way to disable but not delete modules is the "Make available in templates and pages" toggle switch up next to the publish button on each individual module.

I'm not sure this is the only or best way, so if anyone knows otherwise, I'd appreciate any tips!

0 Avaliação positiva