CMS Development

SaraRandolph
参加者

Where to put .env file in CMS-React-Boilderplate?

解決

I am working with a custom version of CMS-React-Boilderplate and I'm having a hard time accessing any .env variables. I've created a `.env` file in my root directory and I have tried access it with `process.env.REACT_APP_...` without any success. Has anyone had any sucess using a `.env` file with hubspot?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
kierana
解決策
投稿者

解決

To use process.env you're going to need to use the EnvironmentPlugin, if you want to use .env you'll need to use https://www.npmjs.com/package/dotenv-webpack

I'm guessing you're used to using create-react-app - the CMS React Boilerplate doesn't use CRA.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

4件の返信
SaraRandolph
参加者

解決

Thank you both! I ended up using the dotenv-webpack package and putting it in my webpack.config.js. Thanks for your help 🙂

Kevin-C
名誉エキスパート | Solutions Partner
名誉エキスパート | Solutions Partner

解決

Thanks @dennisedson 

Hey @SaraRandolph not sure how much help I can bring to the table here as I haven't used env variables with the cms boiler.

But have you tested in other environments? This seems to be a common issue with the env variables.

To expand I'm not sure if the CMS boiler is configured to use the env variables. I'd imagine it would be but you know what happens when you assume lol.

In an attempt to not leave you empty handed I did find these links that may help you trouble shoot:

create-react-app docs

more of the same with another test method

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
kierana
解決策
投稿者

解決

To use process.env you're going to need to use the EnvironmentPlugin, if you want to use .env you'll need to use https://www.npmjs.com/package/dotenv-webpack

I'm guessing you're used to using create-react-app - the CMS React Boilerplate doesn't use CRA.

dennisedson
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

解決

Heyo @SaraRandolph !

Tagging in @Kevin-C and @kierana to get some help here 😀

0 いいね!