CMS Development

JamesW42
Participant | Partenaire solutions Elite

Where to find detailed dnd_module usage information

Résolue

I often struggle to find examples of what options are available, or what structure to use for options when using a default Hubspot module as a dnd_module.

For example, the call-to-action.

I have attached screenshots of the options I have tried. Regardless of whether I have done it incorrectly or not here - I feel I shouldn't need to dig through your modules or blind test options.

It turns into a huge time waster and I feel the documentation should be readily available in Hubl References

2022-10-25_11-27.png2022-10-25_11-26.png2022-10-25_11-25.png

1 Solution acceptée
alyssamwilie
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions Elite

Résolue

@JamesW42 When changing content of a dnd_module, if it only has a single default option, it just uses the field name of the field you want to change. In your first screen shot where you've highlighted you'll see the field name is "guid". You can view the Module and Theme Fields developer documentation to see the available options for all module fields. For more information on using modules in templates, editing content such as repeater fields and styles, and editing dnd_module options you can view the Using Modules in Templates documentation.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
3 Réponses
alyssamwilie
Solution

Résolue

@JamesW42 When changing content of a dnd_module, if it only has a single default option, it just uses the field name of the field you want to change. In your first screen shot where you've highlighted you'll see the field name is "guid". You can view the Module and Theme Fields developer documentation to see the available options for all module fields. For more information on using modules in templates, editing content such as repeater fields and styles, and editing dnd_module options you can view the Using Modules in Templates documentation.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.
0 Votes
JamesW42

Résolue

Worth noting that Option 2 was correct, I simply had a missing digit in the GUID.

However, I think my point still stands that we need better documentation around this with examples and an API reference for each module. If that documentation were available then I would realise quickly that I'd done everything else correctly.

0 Votes
JamesW42

Résolue

A better example would be the Image module. It took me a while to find out that it is actually called "linked_image" in the HubSpot folder. Furthermore, trying to gleam information about options like like `max_height` or `size_type`... I essentially found out those options were even available when I saw other unrelated questions through Google searches. Even the existing Hubl Reference documentation (which doesn't cover dnd_module usage) didn't list those options.

0 Votes