CMS Development

lizbutler
Teilnehmer/-in

Where can you upload fonts that need hosting?

lösung

Hi all,

I'm using Hoefler & Co's cloud.typography service on my blog and landing pages. They require you to push the fonts from development to production mode, meaning I need to download the fonts and upload them to a server. The explicit instructions are this: 

"Step 1: Choose a location for the fonts. This is the folder on your web server where you’ll host the webfont data folder. Pick a location that can be reached by someone visiting your website, and enter its URL here. If you’re using this project’s webfonts on secure pages, begin this URL with https, and make sure the location from which you’re serving the fonts is configured to accept secure connections.

Once you’ve decided where the fonts will go, click Generate these webfonts. Cloud.typography will take a moment to build a webfont data folder for your project, customized for delivery from this URL."

I messaged HS Support and they said I may need to find external hosting, but I don't think the support rep necessarily understood my question.

Does anyone have experience with this? How can I access FTP throug Hubspot to get my fonts uploaded?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
lizbutler
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Whoops. I responded via email and I guess it didn't post a comment here! I was able to upload it to my personal hosting account, not through Hubspot. Thank you for your help though!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
4 Antworten
Jsum
Autorität

lösung

@lizbutler,

I do this a lot. You can just place the font files in the file manager.

You should recieve css containing @fontface rules for your fonts. Just replace the links for the font files, paying close attention to the file types and any appendage:

@font-face {
  font-family: 'MyWebFont';
  src: url('webfont.eot'); /* IE9 Compat Modes */
  src: url('webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), /* IE6-IE8 */
       url('webfont.woff2') format('woff2'), /* Super Modern Browsers */
       url('webfont.woff') format('woff'), /* Pretty Modern Browsers */
       url('webfont.ttf')  format('truetype'), /* Safari, Android, iOS */
       url('webfont.svg#svgFontName') format('svg'); /* Legacy iOS */
}
lizbutler
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks for the response, Jsum. The issue is that when I put the file manager URL as the location at which the fonts will be hosted, the service tells me it's not a valid URL (see screenshot).

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Screen%20Shot%202017-07-10%20at%203.23.37%20PM.png

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Autorität

lösung

@lizbutler,

That link tries to take me to a folder in my drop box. do you have a share link?

0 Upvotes
lizbutler
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Whoops. I responded via email and I guess it didn't post a comment here! I was able to upload it to my personal hosting account, not through Hubspot. Thank you for your help though!

0 Upvotes