CMS Development

douglaskarr

Where are variables? Example: site_settings.company_state

SOLVE

I've read the KB article on filling in these details and it states that it's in the menu Content Settings > . However, I don't have a menu option for Content Settings >.  I have access to fully customize template HTML, etc., but I don't want to hardcode this information if I can fill it in somewhere else.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
JasonRosa
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @douglaskarr you should be able to edit the address in that email section by following along with the image below (if you don't already have an address set you'll need to click "add a footer"): 

EditOptions.png

Then in the footer, you should see a state field which corresponds with the variable you're looking for (there is also a help article on this is you wanted to reference this: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/can-i-customize-my-can-spam-email-footer#ed...

State.png

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@douglaskarr, if you cannot edit and you have the correct permissions level, you should contact support.  preferably a screenshare so you can walk through it with the support member.  They should be able to help you figure this out!

good luck

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
JasonRosa
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @douglaskarr sorry about the confusion! There has been some recent updating of the navigation menus in HubSpot and that looks a bit out of date.  I'll work to make sure this part of our documentation gets updated as soon as possible. To answer your question, these variables can be linked to your email settings which you can get to by clicking on the gear icon in your top menu which should look like this: 

Settings.png

Then from your settings, you'll want to click on "Marketing" in the left-hand sidebar and click on "Email" on the drop down. That should look like this: 

EmailSettings.png

Let me know if you have any trouble finding that!

douglaskarr

SOLVE

Ok, I believe I was able to find them... "Set default values for company properties"? How do I know which is which? There's no variable name next to the title of each of the setting names. Is there somewhere where these are documented?

0 Upvotes
douglaskarr

SOLVE

Actually, that doesn't seem to be helping at all since I'm not able to edit any of them. This is really frustrating.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@douglaskarr, if you cannot edit and you have the correct permissions level, you should contact support.  preferably a screenshare so you can walk through it with the support member.  They should be able to help you figure this out!

good luck

douglaskarr

SOLVE

Thanks, I finally got it. I didn't realize that was an actionable area - it may help to have some kind of better indicator. Appreciate the help.

0 Upvotes
JasonRosa
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @douglaskarr you should be able to edit the address in that email section by following along with the image below (if you don't already have an address set you'll need to click "add a footer"): 

EditOptions.png

Then in the footer, you should see a state field which corresponds with the variable you're looking for (there is also a help article on this is you wanted to reference this: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/can-i-customize-my-can-spam-email-footer#ed...

State.png

0 Upvotes