CMS Development

pittsburghjoe
Participante | Parceiro Platinum
Participante | Parceiro Platinum

When publishing a page live from staging ..does the associated template get pushed as well?

resolver

Or are template files live the instant they are created? What I really need to know is if all associated files are pushed live when publishing a page from staging for a redesign job.

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Jsum
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

When publishing a page live from staging ..does the associated template get pushed as well?

resolver

@pittsburghjoe,

I look at the Hubspot cos as levels:

Template Level: Templates are templates. They are stationary and are used to create pages. It if you create a template it is available for use anywhere that pages are able to be created. 

Page Level: These are the actual pages that are created from the templates. When you connect a template to a page it is referenced by a url. If you moe a page from staging to live it doesn't effect the template in anyway so the connection between the page and the template shouldn't break.

The only thing that happens sometimes when moving from staging to live is that links specifically referencing your sandbox domain will break and need to be updated to your live domain. 

Exibir solução no post original

1 Resposta 1
Jsum
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

@pittsburghjoe,

I look at the Hubspot cos as levels:

Template Level: Templates are templates. They are stationary and are used to create pages. It if you create a template it is available for use anywhere that pages are able to be created. 

Page Level: These are the actual pages that are created from the templates. When you connect a template to a page it is referenced by a url. If you moe a page from staging to live it doesn't effect the template in anyway so the connection between the page and the template shouldn't break.

The only thing that happens sometimes when moving from staging to live is that links specifically referencing your sandbox domain will break and need to be updated to your live domain.