CMS Development

silvacarl

What happened to FTP?

SOLVE

Is there any way to connect ftp or a file browser that is similar for the CMS?

So local development could be synched directly to staging, then it could be reviewed in staging and QA'd in hubspot, then published?

We could like to develop easier locally then have it synch or upload all assets for a page or collection of pages when ready to QA.

We have looked at the CLI, API, third parties, etc. there doesnt seem to be any good way to do this.

Any ideas or pointers would be helpful.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
miljkovicmisa
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

What happened to FTP?

SOLVE

Hello @silvacarl , thanks for writing, there are many ways to develop on hubspot, from the simples (editing, creating files directly in the file manager) to the most complex (using a test account for staging, developing locally with cli, and having a git repo with two branches, dev/main, dev would be uploaded to staging and when merged to main will deploy automatically on the live site). There are a lot in between too, all comes down to personal preference.
I personally do a combination of things depending on the project but lately have setup a pipline in bitbucket and have a main repo that deploys to my live site, all the other stuff is done with cli locally on a test account.

To answer your question, your best friend is probably hubspot cli, the cli has a few handy commands, hs watch and hs upload are some of them so you can upload changes, you should take a look at the documentation link about local development I attatched, also a test account would be hepful, a git repository is recommended too. You can see the local development workflow here in this link.
You can also learn how to create a test account in this link.

There is also this link that provides a basic development workflow like the one I explained earlier, this would be also a nice place to start.

If you need any other specific info don't hesitate to ask here.

If my answer was helpful please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
silvacarl

What happened to FTP?

SOLVE

thank you got it!

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

What happened to FTP?

SOLVE

Hi @silvacarl ,

In HubSpot, we don't have the FTP. If you are using the boilerplate themes you can use the watch command or fetch commands. Please refer to this https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/developer-reference/local-development-cli

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
miljkovicmisa
Solution

What happened to FTP?

SOLVE

Hello @silvacarl , thanks for writing, there are many ways to develop on hubspot, from the simples (editing, creating files directly in the file manager) to the most complex (using a test account for staging, developing locally with cli, and having a git repo with two branches, dev/main, dev would be uploaded to staging and when merged to main will deploy automatically on the live site). There are a lot in between too, all comes down to personal preference.
I personally do a combination of things depending on the project but lately have setup a pipline in bitbucket and have a main repo that deploys to my live site, all the other stuff is done with cli locally on a test account.

To answer your question, your best friend is probably hubspot cli, the cli has a few handy commands, hs watch and hs upload are some of them so you can upload changes, you should take a look at the documentation link about local development I attatched, also a test account would be hepful, a git repository is recommended too. You can see the local development workflow here in this link.
You can also learn how to create a test account in this link.

There is also this link that provides a basic development workflow like the one I explained earlier, this would be also a nice place to start.

If you need any other specific info don't hesitate to ask here.

If my answer was helpful please mark it as a solution.