CMS Development

annie100
Participant

Website is showing up blank

I launched a new hubspot website yesterday on a domain I was previously using. The new website was showing up, but then we I made an edit and hit publish and the old website returned. So I took down the old webpages, but now everything is coming up blank. Nothing even shows up in the template view. Does anyone know what could be happening?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
tjoyce
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

Sounds like you may have not waited long enough for the DNS cache to clear. Often times when you launch a new website or transition a domain from one host to another, it could take up to 48 hours for the DNS to propagate on the new site. There isn't much you can do to speed up this process. This is generally related to the TTL set on your domain but some ISP's choose to use their own TTL. You could try switching to the google DNS on your computer or checking out some Proxies that would show you your site using a different ISP. 

Google has their own DNS that I personally prefer over the comcast DNS that automatically gets assigned to my network settings on my computer. https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

All in all, just remember that, just because you were seeing the old site, doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of the world was seeing the old site as well. It's a regional result and you have to try to test other regions.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @annie100,

Have you reached out to HubSpot Technical Support regarding this? If something is not working as expected, partnering with them will be the most direct way to resolve this issue.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes