CMS Development

dhagemeier
Participant

Website Gallery Problems

SOLVE

We had our website (www.mckaylighting.com) migrated to HubSpot a while back. Over the weekend the galleries on our homepage starting having the following problems:

• The main gallery at the top of the page will only scroll through 3 photos, and any photos after that don't show up. Before the weekend, we had 7 that scrolled through without any issues. (First image labeled "Gallery Problems")  
  • Towards the middle/bottom of the page, we had a smaller gallery (3 across / 2 up) and over the weekend it switched to one weird sized scrolling image. (See the first image, "Gallery Problems" to see what it looked like yesterday and the second image, "Correct smaller gallery layout" shows what it looked like before.) I've been trying to figure it out this morning and it's now small thumbnails that sometimes freeze the website. I need to get it back to the 3x2 gallery. 

I emailed HubSpot support and they haven't been able to help me figure out what happened and referred me to this site to see if anyone here could help. I am not a website person but know enough to make some changes. I'd really appreciate the help if anyone knows how to fix this. Thanks! 

Gallery ProblemsGallery ProblemsCorrect smaller gallery layoutCorrect smaller gallery layout

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ndwilliams3
Solution
Key Advisor

Website Gallery Problems

SOLVE

I add a slider to a test page and everything is working correctly so it's not an issue with the default slider script. I would guess that it's either additional custom Javascript, another Javascript library  or possibly custom CSS that's breaking the slider. Without seeing the original, it's tough to say for certain. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Website Gallery Problems

SOLVE

Hi @dhagemeier

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, it would be great if you could share the link to the page that you are experiencing the issue with, that would be great! 

@ndwilliams3 & @stefen do you have any suggestions as to what could be causing this? 

Thank you, 
Jenny

0 Upvotes
dhagemeier
Participant

Website Gallery Problems

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda

Yes, we are still having issues on our homepage - www.mckaylighting.com. I made the following changes as a temporary fix: 

• The main gallery at the top of the page stops working after the 3rd image so I took out the other images we had scrolling. But, we'd like to get it to function correctly again. 
  • The smaller gallery towards the middle of the page was crashing/freezing the website. I added a different gallery module and deleted the photos out of the other gallery. It functions a little differently than the original one. We'd like to get the original one working again. 

0 Upvotes
ndwilliams3
Solution
Key Advisor

Website Gallery Problems

SOLVE

I add a slider to a test page and everything is working correctly so it's not an issue with the default slider script. I would guess that it's either additional custom Javascript, another Javascript library  or possibly custom CSS that's breaking the slider. Without seeing the original, it's tough to say for certain. 

0 Upvotes
dhagemeier
Participant

Website Gallery Problems

SOLVE

Here is a link to the test page - https://www.mckaylighting.com/hs-testing?hs_preview=NXceLDmu-5687178159

The main image gallery at the top of the page has been fixed. We are still trying to figure out the smaller gallery towards the middle of the page. 

0 Upvotes