CMS Development

vorellana814

Webfow migration to Hubspot

SOLVE

Hey fellow developers! Has anyone migrated a website from Webflow to Hubspot? If so, are there any tips and tricks you can give me? Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted solution
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @vorellana814

I'd say it's not a "Webflow" or "CMS" thing but more a "what do you want to achieve?" question.

A migration is a migration. Regardless of from which CMS/tool to which CMS/tool you're switching. 

There are a few things you have to think about before starting a migration(not a specific order)

1. Do I want to move everything 1 to 1 or optimize something, somewhere?
  2. Should the design also be moved exactly like it is or can it be optimized?
  3. When does everything needs to be done?
  4. Do I wnat to do it by myself or speak/hire somebody?
  5. What is my budget?
  6. Do I need developers for the new tool who can help me?
  7. Are there specific plugins/extension I need? If so, are they available in the HubSpot app marketplace, do I have to create custom solutions?
  8. Am I moving just the CMS part or also the automation (and maybe more)? What assets do I need to move beside the pages? 

If you're not doing a 1 to 1, think about following steps:

1. What content do I want to move and how should it be restructured?
  2. Keep a SEO/redirect list nearby if you're combinig/restructuring your pages.

A migration from X to HubSpot can be easy, can be hard. 

If the design/theme is not the most important part and can change with the migration, I'd recommend to check out some of the good/"pro" themes in the marketplace (400$-1000$). Most of them have a ton of functions and there are very skilled people/companies behind each theme who offer modifications for their specific theme.

Tipp: Since those themes can be quite expensive - check out the theme demo before buying and/or speak to the theme creator some theme (not migration) related questions.

Here's a basic list for keeping redirects clear

Old URL New URL Old title New title Old meta description New meta description

You can extend the list to your needs. If you want to keep, lets say, templates in mind - add them as a column. 

hope that helps

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @vorellana814 we have a lot of users that migrate from webflow to HubSpot and as @Anton mentioned, one of the most important aspects will be how you handle the SEO.

I highly recommend checking out the SEO II certification - it includes a course on migration and also CMS for Marketers certification which is the quickest way to get up to speed on how to use the CMS.

If you're not developing your own theme, I recommend spending a considerable amount of time researching the available themes - the features in both free and paid themes can vary quite a lot, so make sure you find one that will fit your needs best.

This article about choosing a Free theme will help you identify what to look for, it applies whether you'll choose a free or paid theme, and should help you know what to look for.

Hope this helps, happy to help if you have specific questions about Webflow vs HubSpot.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Anton
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @vorellana814

I'd say it's not a "Webflow" or "CMS" thing but more a "what do you want to achieve?" question.

A migration is a migration. Regardless of from which CMS/tool to which CMS/tool you're switching. 

There are a few things you have to think about before starting a migration(not a specific order)

1. Do I want to move everything 1 to 1 or optimize something, somewhere?
  2. Should the design also be moved exactly like it is or can it be optimized?
  3. When does everything needs to be done?
  4. Do I wnat to do it by myself or speak/hire somebody?
  5. What is my budget?
  6. Do I need developers for the new tool who can help me?
  7. Are there specific plugins/extension I need? If so, are they available in the HubSpot app marketplace, do I have to create custom solutions?
  8. Am I moving just the CMS part or also the automation (and maybe more)? What assets do I need to move beside the pages? 

If you're not doing a 1 to 1, think about following steps:

1. What content do I want to move and how should it be restructured?
  2. Keep a SEO/redirect list nearby if you're combinig/restructuring your pages.

A migration from X to HubSpot can be easy, can be hard. 

If the design/theme is not the most important part and can change with the migration, I'd recommend to check out some of the good/"pro" themes in the marketplace (400$-1000$). Most of them have a ton of functions and there are very skilled people/companies behind each theme who offer modifications for their specific theme.

Tipp: Since those themes can be quite expensive - check out the theme demo before buying and/or speak to the theme creator some theme (not migration) related questions.

Here's a basic list for keeping redirects clear

Old URL New URL Old title New title Old meta description New meta description

You can extend the list to your needs. If you want to keep, lets say, templates in mind - add them as a column. 

hope that helps

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you, @Anton 🧡

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @vorellana814 👋 Thank you very much for posting. I don't have any Webflow-specific resources on my end. But we have many CMS Hub experts in the community who might have thoughts and tips on migrations from a bigger picture perspective.

Please tell me if that sounds helpful, and I'll tag a few of our community members.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot