CMS Development

hannalofving
Contributor

Variable label on custom modules

We have created a very powerful custom module and due to that almost every webpage is built with only this module but used over and over again. This results in a Edit Page section looking like this:

Skärmavbild 2021-06-21 kl. 21.45.06.png  

I have tried to understand if I can give the module a variable name, best based on a field from the module like a title. Something like: AA - Columns : {{text_field}}

Then a result could be

AA - Columns : Hero
AA - Columns : Promotion

AA - Columns : Product card

AA - Columns : Contact form

etc.

Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
amwilie
Key Advisor | Elite Partner
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

@hannalofving Unfortunalety there's no way to to dynamically or manually change the module name within the page editor. I suggest posting something in the Ideas forum to show your interest in having this feature. It would certainly be useful! Since you're using it in a flexible column I can offer one possible solution though - make the module into a repeater instead of having to add it multiple times. With repeaters each addition can have a label based on a field within the repeated group.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution!

border

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developer at LyntonWeb

Kickstart your success on HubSpot's CMS with a theme by the HubSpot experts at Lynton

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @hannalofving ,

Please change label name of each module like: A - Columns : Hero, AA - Columns : Promotion
https://prnt.sc/16atn5v

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

hannalofving
Contributor

Hi webdew,

Thanks for your suggestion. But it's the same module we are using multiple times, and I don't want to create a specific module for every usage of it.

0 Upvotes