CMS Development

hannalofving
投稿者 | Platinum Partner
投稿者 | Platinum Partner

Variable label on custom modules

We have created a very powerful custom module and due to that almost every webpage is built with only this module but used over and over again. This results in a Edit Page section looking like this:

Skärmavbild 2021-06-21 kl. 21.45.06.png  

I have tried to understand if I can give the module a variable name, best based on a field from the module like a title. Something like: AA - Columns : {{text_field}}

Then a result could be

AA - Columns : Hero
AA - Columns : Promotion

AA - Columns : Product card

AA - Columns : Contact form

etc.

Any suggestions?

0 いいね!
3件の返信
alyssamwilie
名誉エキスパート | Elite Partner
名誉エキスパート | Elite Partner

@hannalofving Unfortunalety there's no way to to dynamically or manually change the module name within the page editor. I suggest posting something in the Ideas forum to show your interest in having this feature. It would certainly be useful! Since you're using it in a flexible column I can offer one possible solution though - make the module into a repeater instead of having to add it multiple times. With repeaters each addition can have a label based on a field within the repeated group.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.
webdew
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner

Hi @hannalofving ,

Please change label name of each module like: A - Columns : Hero, AA - Columns : Promotion
https://prnt.sc/16atn5v

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

hannalofving
投稿者 | Platinum Partner
投稿者 | Platinum Partner

Hi webdew,

Thanks for your suggestion. But it's the same module we are using multiple times, and I don't want to create a specific module for every usage of it.

0 いいね!