CMS Development

tm_anthony
Participant

Using Hubspot API for Multiple Sites

Résolue

I am building an application that multiple hubspot sites will use in order to interact with the various Hubspot APIs via AJAX calls.

My question is about the API limit. Since multiple sites will be using my service, I imagine I might hit the API limit pretty quick. But from what I have seen concerning how to raise the number of allowable API calls, you have to buy an add-on for a specific site. 

To make this work for my service, do I create a separate application in my developer account for each site (that way I could upgrade the limit for one site that might be responsible for a majority of API calls)? If not, how do I upgrade the amount of allowable API calls for my service since multiple sites are involved?

I can take this to the API forum if needed, but figured since this was more of a billing/metering question, it might better belong here...

I have attached a diagram to help visually explain what my service is doing (from a high-level).

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 9.28.05 AM.png

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
DanielBertschi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi @tm_anthony

If I understand you correctly, you're building an app which is then used by multiple HubSpot portals. The API limit doesn't apply to your app at a global scale but per HubSpot portal/licence. If you're using the same oAuth app with 3 different HS portals, then every portal that you integrate with your app can use 40K API calls per day. 

Best, Daniel

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
DanielBertschi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi @tm_anthony

If I understand you correctly, you're building an app which is then used by multiple HubSpot portals. The API limit doesn't apply to your app at a global scale but per HubSpot portal/licence. If you're using the same oAuth app with 3 different HS portals, then every portal that you integrate with your app can use 40K API calls per day. 

Best, Daniel

tm_anthony
Participant

Résolue

You understood my situation correctly, thank you for responding!

0 Votes