CMS Development

Froelund
Participant

Url redirect proxy external url

Hi!

I'm really hoping to find someone with experience with proxying requests 🤞

We're migrating our website to Hubspot CMS. One part of our page has not been re-written yet, and it's a big task to rewrite. So we've decided to move on with the parts of the site that has been rewritten, and then forward the traffic to the old site, on parts that hasn't.

When I try to create the proxy entry, I get the following error.

Froelund_0-1625056398734.png

Proxy URL redirects: The destination URL must point to a HubSpot hosted domain.

My entry is:

Original URL: https://www.new-site.com/adv <--- Hubspot hosted.

Redirect to: https://www.old-site.com/adv <--- Hosted elsewhere.

Is this really not possible? Anyone who can think of a good reason why?

Any suggestions on how to fix this are welcome 🙂

Best, Kristian

6 Replies 6
cynthiamckinlay

Hello, Froelund!In your situation, it seems you need to do buy a full proxy package if you want to keep your anonymity on the proper level. If it doesn't help, I think you will need to buy better proxies for your purposes from sites like Soax because the free services sometimes twitch and don't work properly. If you got any questions about setting your proxy in the future or error keeps appearing, feel free to send a private message to me so I can help you solve your issue. Have a good one!

0 Upvotes
xandor
Participant

Hi Cynthia, 

what do you mean by a full proxy package? is this available through hubspot? 

0 Upvotes
jjasmin

Thank you for the answer, jonchim! It worked for me.

0 Upvotes
Froelund
Participant

It's excactly what I'm trying to make. To use Hubspot CMS for the things that has already been implemented, while we're working on migrating the old site to Hubspot CMS sites.

If the proxy is limited to Hubspot domains only, I really would love that to be documented. After reading the Hubspot documentation on the subject, anyone would assume that you could proxy the traffic anywhere. Or am I missing something?

Regards,

0 Upvotes
jonchim
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hey @Froelund,

I've always had issues with the redirect tool in HubSpot sometimes i find out that i switch the original and the redirect destination but you should be able to redirect your hubspot page to a different site. 

Though i think you might be trying to do a reverse proxy mask? If that's the case, the proxy URL redirect will only work on hubspot hosted pages. I.E. make www.example.com/sub/page look like www.example.com/page 

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 11.31.23 AM.png

Jon Chim
VP of Design & Development
Hypha HubSpot Development

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Anton , you able to help out with some suggestions here?

0 Upvotes