CMS Development

gsantos1
Colaborador

Updates on dnd area on template not affecting pages

resolver

Hello everyone!

I'm working on a page template with a dnd area which contains 3 dnd_section and each section contains a different module. This template is used on 60 pages, changing fields on the modules to generate content from different Hubdb tables.

Now, I want to add one more section with a new module to this dnd area on the page template, but when I do this on the Design Manager, the module doesn't show up on the 60 pages.

It seems I need to edit each one of the 60 pages to dragndrop the new module.

The only way I managed to make it update all pages was to add a new dnd area with the new module on it.

So, if I need to update this template from time to time and affect all pages, should I create one dnd area for each module?

Or is there a way to make all the 60 pages refresh the dnd area with the new section?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Anton
Solución
Experto reconocido | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @gsantos1

this is a complete normal behaviour of HubSpot. 

Once a page is build upon a template, changing the template won't affect the already build page. What you could do is go the content staging way. 

My recommendation would be:

• Clone the existing template / create new template
  • modify it to your needs
  • stage the needed page(s) to staging without starting from scratch
  • select the new template
  • add your new informations
  • publish the page(s)

Another way (my personal approach) is to go the full custom module route. It can be more work to set up, but changing modules will always take effect. So if you have a HubDB section - reconstruct it in a custom module and drop the module into the page. If you change something in the module, it will have an effect on every page it's used. 

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
Anton
Solución

resolver

Hi @gsantos1

this is a complete normal behaviour of HubSpot. 

Once a page is build upon a template, changing the template won't affect the already build page. What you could do is go the content staging way. 

My recommendation would be:

• Clone the existing template / create new template
  • modify it to your needs
  • stage the needed page(s) to staging without starting from scratch
  • select the new template
  • add your new informations
  • publish the page(s)

Another way (my personal approach) is to go the full custom module route. It can be more work to set up, but changing modules will always take effect. So if you have a HubDB section - reconstruct it in a custom module and drop the module into the page. If you change something in the module, it will have an effect on every page it's used. 

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
gsantos1
Colaborador

resolver

Hi @Anton thank you for your input.

This dnd area is actually loading custom modules that I wrote to load the HubDB rows.

I was trying to keep the freedom to add dnd modules on page level for some specific pages, in case I needed, but updating the page content with the template changes is definately the priority.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will go with the full custom module like you said.

Cheers

0 Me gusta