CMS Development

mkal88

Update embedded CSS in email drag & drop template

SOLVE

I'm using the provided HS drag&drop email template and I need to add a media query and other css to the head tag. Is there a way to do that (in a cloned version) or do I have to use the selectors provided in the template?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
John
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

You unfortunately have to use the selectors provided in the template. I have done work-arounds for media query stuff (i.e. create a custom image module and use the picture element for an image and put your media queries in there.)

You could also include custom styles in a custom module. You have to make sure the email gracefully falls back for email clients that strip style tags in the body of the email.

I like kudos almost as much as cake – a close second.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
John
Solution

SOLVE

You unfortunately have to use the selectors provided in the template. I have done work-arounds for media query stuff (i.e. create a custom image module and use the picture element for an image and put your media queries in there.)

You could also include custom styles in a custom module. You have to make sure the email gracefully falls back for email clients that strip style tags in the body of the email.

0 Upvotes
mkal88

SOLVE

Thanks John. I've been trying that but Gmail ignores style tags in the email body which stinks. I can't even sneak a head tag in. HS strips it out.

0 Upvotes
John

SOLVE

Yeah, I've had to make sacrifices and design with progressive enhancement for any custom stuff. It would be nice for some custom css capabilities!

0 Upvotes