CMS Development

jshockey
Participante

Unique default content per each default object instantiated from a repeatable group module.

resolver

Hi,

I have a module with a repetable group. I set the default object count to 9 in the repeater options. I would like to give each of the 9 objects their own initial default content. Currently, each object pulls in the default content from the fields default content within the group.  See attached photos. How can I give the 9 default instances their own default content?Current values (pulled in from default field content)Current values (pulled in from default field content)Values I would like to be default for each of the 9 default objectsValues I would like to be default for each of the 9 default objects

Best,

John

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
Jsum
Solución
Asesor destacado

Unique default content per each default object instantiated from a repeatable group module.

resolver

Hi @jshockey ,

While it is not possible to give items in a repeater field their own default content, you can do this on the template level. Once you add the module to a template you are able to make edits to the module, and the content you add/change in the module will stick to the template, which will transfer over to any pages created with that template.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

tjoyce
Solución
Experto reconocido | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

You can do this through the CLI, if you edit the module/fields.json file
locate the group you are trying to target

{"tab" : "CONTENT",
  "expanded" : false,
  "type" : "group",
  "default" : {"feature_title": "Resource Database": "stat_number": "9.3"}
}

and convert the "default" object to an array with []
and add objects to the array like so

"default" : [
    {"feature_title": "Resource Database": "stat_number": "9.3"},
    {"feature_title": "Resource Allocation": "stat_number": "1.2"},
    {"feature_title": "Workload Capacity": "stat_number": "8.0"},
    {"feature_title": "Time Tracking": "stat_number": "6.8"}
  ]
}

Be sure to refresh the page editor before adding a new instance of this module, and then you should see 4 repeater objects if you add a new instance of the module to the page.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
tjoyce
Solución

resolver

You can do this through the CLI, if you edit the module/fields.json file
locate the group you are trying to target

"default" : {"feature_title": "Resource Database": "stat_number": "9.3"}
}

and convert the "default" object to an array with []
and add objects to the array like so

"default" : [
    {"feature_title": "Resource Database": "stat_number": "9.3"},
    {"feature_title": "Resource Allocation": "stat_number": "1.2"},
    {"feature_title": "Workload Capacity": "stat_number": "8.0"},
    {"feature_title": "Time Tracking": "stat_number": "6.8"}
  ]
}

Be sure to refresh the page editor before adding a new instance of this module, and then you should see 4 repeater objects if you add a new instance of the module to the page.

lindahouben
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

Hi @tjoyce, i'm having the same issue that I would like to give unique values to repeated items. For me I would like to change a colour for each of the items. Is that also possible with JSON? And what of the code you gave do I need to adjust? 

0 Me gusta
Jsum
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @jshockey ,

While it is not possible to give items in a repeater field their own default content, you can do this on the template level. Once you add the module to a template you are able to make edits to the module, and the content you add/change in the module will stick to the template, which will transfer over to any pages created with that template.

ACBlack
Miembro | Partner nivel Platinum
Miembro | Partner nivel Platinum

resolver

And how do you do this? can i ask for an example pice of code?

0 Me gusta
jshockey
Participante

resolver

@Jsum Thanks for the response!