CMS Development

fkistner
Participant

Unbreak Header/Banner Overlay

SOLVE

Somehow, in my quest to reduce the height of the banner background image on our blog post template, I broke it. It used to have a logo in the top left corner, a menu button in the top right corner, and a rich text module right in the middle. Now the text is getting pushed way down the page, well past the banner, the logo is on the left side but not all the way at the top and not staying on the screen as the browser window gets resized, and I can't find the menu button, probably because it is white and got pushed down past the image so that it's hiding in front of the white background of the rest of the page. I don't know what happened. It is very frustrating. I will share a link to one of the pages to show: https://www.alphaserveit.com/news-and-events/alphaserve-technologies-patent-pending-application-file... (never mind the long long slug in that URL, lol.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AJLaPorte_diagr
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @fkistner,

Have you tried reverting the Template/CSS file back a few iterations to where it was working properly? This can be done by right-clicking on a file in the Design Manager and choosing "ShowRevision History".

From looking at the inspector, it looks like some rows may be switched up (but I am not 100% sure due to CSS positioning of elements liked fixed or absolute items).

I am seeing what you are mentioning but I am also curious as to why you are using so many rich text fields in the top header to add in the HTML? I would recommend taking what you have (if you can revert back) and creating a Custom Module to make this area. Then you would be able to have more control on creating an item like this.

-AJ

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
AJLaPorte_diagr
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @fkistner,

Have you tried reverting the Template/CSS file back a few iterations to where it was working properly? This can be done by right-clicking on a file in the Design Manager and choosing "ShowRevision History".

From looking at the inspector, it looks like some rows may be switched up (but I am not 100% sure due to CSS positioning of elements liked fixed or absolute items).

I am seeing what you are mentioning but I am also curious as to why you are using so many rich text fields in the top header to add in the HTML? I would recommend taking what you have (if you can revert back) and creating a Custom Module to make this area. Then you would be able to have more control on creating an item like this.

-AJ

0 Upvotes
fkistner
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you AJ! I don't know why I didn't think of reverting the css. That is a very good idea.
Also, I agree with you about the rich text fields. Someone else created this template before me, and I haven't been able to figure out why they used so many rich text fields, but I have also been hesitant to mess with it for fear of breaking it... just like I already did, haha. Thanks again for your help!

0 Upvotes