CMS Development

ErinKas
Top Contributor

Unable to Bold or use numbered lists in blog posts?

SOLVE

Hey there community. Me again! 🙂 . I took a look in the CSS for this issue but I was unable to find anything. Would any of you design experts know why I am unable to BOLD or use numbered/bulleted lists when I am creating a blog post? Any ideas are appreciated!

Blog is here: http://blog.excursioninsurance.com/5-ways-tour-operators-can-improve-online-bookings

Thanks in advance!! 🙂

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
valerajoey
Solution
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

@ErinKas,
looks like your not familiar yet with HubSpot and Stylesheets, sorry for that not so detailed reply. Of course, you can just modify that Stylesheet, I only advise it to you so you can only affect the page that your working on, 
first, remove this line of codes in your '2017 stylesheet'.

ol, ul{
list-style: none;

}

by doing this, all of your Ol tags and UL tags will now have its default List style property, what this means your ol will have a number and your ul will have a circle, now this will break some of the element that needs to hide its circle/number, for example, this section in your design 

Capture.PNG

now to fix these, 
add this code 

.widget-type-post_listing ul{

}

Happy Coding!!!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
valerajoey
Solution

SOLVE

@ErinKas,
looks like your not familiar yet with HubSpot and Stylesheets, sorry for that not so detailed reply. Of course, you can just modify that Stylesheet, I only advise it to you so you can only affect the page that your working on, 
first, remove this line of codes in your '2017 stylesheet'.

ol, ul{

}

by doing this, all of your Ol tags and UL tags will now have its default List style property, what this means your ol will have a number and your ul will have a circle, now this will break some of the element that needs to hide its circle/number, for example, this section in your design 

Capture.PNG

now to fix these, 
add this code 

.widget-type-post_listing ul{

}

Happy Coding!!!

0 Upvotes
ErinKas
Top Contributor

SOLVE

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! 🙂

Appreciate the help.

Erin

0 Upvotes
valerajoey

SOLVE

hey there, 
you have this 2017-theme.css that overrides default  CSS styles, you can try adding an additional stylesheet 

and add this codes

strong, b {
    font-weight: bold;
}
ol{
    list-style: decimal;
}

0 Upvotes
ErinKas
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@valerajoey I added the code you provided to the 2017 css style sheet. However I can only use bulleted lists now. I also want the option to use numbers as well. How can I also use numbered lists as well as bulleted lists>

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

hi @ErinKas,

according to the code on the page, it does not look like you are using an order list.  I see this

<p>
  <strong>1. Be seen. Be relevant.</strong>
  <span style="background-color: transparent; color: #6c7980; margin-left: 13px; display: block;">here is the copy</span>
</p>

I made a pen here that i hope shows what you can do.  You can put the css in your 2017 stylesheet.  if you want to make sure that it only affects blog posts, add the blog class in front of the li

0 Upvotes
ErinKas
Top Contributor

SOLVE
So then there will
Be three style sheets? Couldn’t I add the code to the 2017 style sheet?
0 Upvotes