CMS Development

dbarbara
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Twitter is displaying as a text link on blog social sharing Icons

lösung

Under Settings -> Blog -> Social Sharing I have checked the Twitter option under "Display share buttons on blog posts using default templates."

The Twitter link is showing as a text link beneath the blog post. The link is the word "Tweet", when it should be an icon. Have tried unchecking the box, saving, then checking the box and saving again, but that doesn't fix the problem.

Any input on what else to try? Is it possible this is a bug?

Screenshot of what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 8.46.55 PM.png

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
MayPascaud
Lösung
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @dbarbara,

I took a look at a couple of your blog posts, and it appears as though the Twitter icon issue is linked to a JavaScript error in your post. It looks like you've created your blog posts by copying/pasting content from your Wordpress blog (or another blog), which resulted in a lot of unnecessary code in each of your posts. If you look at the source code for one of your blog posts, you'll see many lines of code that were transposed as a result of this copy/pasting.

It really is not best practice to copy and paste from an external site like this - it can cause many unforeseen issues, such as the one that appears here, wherein some portion of the Twitter code in your blog sharing module is being halted by the copy-pasted Wordpress code. 

The best solution here would be to clean up your pasted content on the individual post level, to ensure that you only have the content/copy that you need. This should allow the Twitter icon to populate correctly. Cleaning up this code will also be very helpful for your blog in general - I can see other similar issues popping up in the future, as it currently stands.

I hope this is helpful, and thanks for reaching out!

May

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

MayPascaud
Lösung
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

@dbarbara thanks for updating me, and I'm very glad to hear that the issue was resolved without significantly impacting any live content!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
3 Antworten
MayPascaud
Lösung
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @dbarbara,

I took a look at a couple of your blog posts, and it appears as though the Twitter icon issue is linked to a JavaScript error in your post. It looks like you've created your blog posts by copying/pasting content from your Wordpress blog (or another blog), which resulted in a lot of unnecessary code in each of your posts. If you look at the source code for one of your blog posts, you'll see many lines of code that were transposed as a result of this copy/pasting.

It really is not best practice to copy and paste from an external site like this - it can cause many unforeseen issues, such as the one that appears here, wherein some portion of the Twitter code in your blog sharing module is being halted by the copy-pasted Wordpress code. 

The best solution here would be to clean up your pasted content on the individual post level, to ensure that you only have the content/copy that you need. This should allow the Twitter icon to populate correctly. Cleaning up this code will also be very helpful for your blog in general - I can see other similar issues popping up in the future, as it currently stands.

I hope this is helpful, and thanks for reaching out!

May

dbarbara
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Thanks! I see that!

Have cleaned up the most of the posts and let the client know they have to stop copying content from legacy WordPress pages. They have an intern doing it.

Luckily, the content is placeholder, and the blog is not live. 

Thanks again!

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Lösung
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

@dbarbara thanks for updating me, and I'm very glad to hear that the issue was resolved without significantly impacting any live content!

0 Upvotes