CMS Development

shullski
Participant

Tweet embed codes breaking when page is published

Hey all. Bit of a weird behavior here. 

So we recently started embedding Tweets into our blog posts. As outlined on the Hubspot site, we copied the embed code straight from Twitter and placed it into our blog post. (We have done this both in the WYSIWYG editor as well as the code editor). 

For some reason though, when we publish the page, the <blockquote> embed code is being saved as an <iframe> and stops rendering the tweet. *screenshots before and after publish are attached*. 

Before publish: correct embed code

before.png

After publish: weird converted iframe where <blockquote> should be. 

after.png

There is only an empty iframe taking up space on the screen. 

Im curious what may be causing this and if there are any fixes. Currently, we have to go through and edit the page and reset the embed codes to the original <blockquote>s. 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
psdtohubspot
Key Advisor

Hi @shullski 

Looks Good on my End! 
I perform the test on my test blog here you can see works great for me https://www.screenmailer.com/v/omvaXhSMA7khJ3k Can you please confirm you performed the same steps?

let me know if any questions.

Thanks
Ajit

shullski
Participant

Hmm. Actually what you recorded in that video above works for us currently. The issue - is that if a Tweet is embedded while the Blog post is still a draft, when saved & published so the blog post is live... all of the <blockquote>'s get converted to iframes and no longer work. 

If we go through and re-embed them after theyve been published, they work. 

0 Upvotes
psdtohubspot
Key Advisor

@shullski 

Thanks for your reply!
If the issue still exists I can connect on-call/screen share and check the issue maybe it's from the blog.