CMS Development

tw-martijn

Trying to fix warnings caused by include/import inside global_partial

Recently I started to use the ?hsDebug=true query parameter to dive into some weird loadings I was seeing with our theme. I believe it is all fixed now, except some warnings I have been unable to fix. They do not seem to affect our pages, but they make it a lot harder to spot new warnings being introduced.

The general structure of our theme follows the often cited cms-theme-boilerplate: templates includes a folder layouts with a base.html that uses 2 {% global_partial %} tags to pull in separate header and footer files:

{% block header %}
			{% global_partial path='../global-partials/site-header.html' %}
		{% endblock header %}

{% block body %}
		{% endblock body %}

{% block footer %}
			{% global_partial path='../global-partials/site-footer.html' %}
		{% endblock footer %}

These partials make use of {% include %} and {% import %}. Example:

<!--
  templateType: global_partial
  label: Site Header
-->
{% include '../../languages/lang.html' %}
{% import '../../components/all.html' as component %}
{% import '../../inc/all.html' as sleek %}

This results in a bunch of warnings like:

TemplateError{severity=WARNING, reason=MISSING, item=TEMPLATE, message='Warning in `refapp-theme/templates/global-partials/site-header.html` on line 3: Resolving path ../../languages/lang.html from parent template, use relative path from module instead', fieldName='path', lineno=2, startPosition=1, scopeDepth=3, category=MODULE_PATH_FALLBACK, categoryErrors={path=../../languages/lang.html}}

This confuses me and I have been unable to get rid of these warnings. What is a parent template here? There is just the one base.html. Why talk of modules when we are inside a template? And why tell me to use a relative path when the path is already relative?

It is doubly confusing because it does work. The files are included/imported, as variables and macros respectively are made available and the site renders correctly.

Anyone here in the community have any ideas for fixing these warnings?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Trying to fix warnings caused by include/import inside global_partial

Hi, @tw-martijn 👋 Thanks for reaching out. Let's see if we can get the conversation going — hey @Gonzalo @Sjardo @tjoyce, do you have any suggestions or troubleshooting tips for @tw-martijn

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes