CMS Development

NBoo
Participant

Trouble importing multi-select values from .csv to HubDB

SOLVE

Hi, 

I'm trying to import values from a .cvs file to a multi-select field in a HubDB, but unfortunately every attempt has resulted with blank multi-select fields in the HubDB.

It's looking like HubSpot's import dialogue recognizes the multiple values intended for the multi-select field, but then once the import finishes the fields are empty.

csv-import.pngblank_mult-select_fields.png

Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Nathan 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
piersg
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I exported a HubDB with a multi-select field to CSV to see what format it's in. This is what I got:

Customer management,Reputation management,Upselling,Guest communication

It's comma separated, but seems like it might be case sensitive so maybe worth checking for that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
piersg
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I exported a HubDB with a multi-select field to CSV to see what format it's in. This is what I got:

Customer management,Reputation management,Upselling,Guest communication

It's comma separated, but seems like it might be case sensitive so maybe worth checking for that.

NBoo
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks piersg! Case sensitivity was the problem. Appreciate you taking the time to look at this.

Thanks again,

Nathan

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @NBoo.

It looks like you're delimiting values with commas (,). Could you try using semicolons (;) instead?

Per this article, the HubSpot CRM looks for semicolons between multiple checkbox property values and I believe the same logic applies to HubDB.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes