CMS Development

yannickpels
Miembro

Translation of system pages

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to translate my system pages (subscription to different e-mail pages).

Somebody from HubSpot told me this is possible with smart content and based on somebodies language preferences / browser settings?

Anybody has additional information on how to set this up?

Thanks

5 Respuestas 5
DavidDuymelinck
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

I'm a bit late to the party, but the only way Hubspot provides system page translations is to set up multiple domains. Then you can set the system pages for each domain.

0 Me gusta
benvanlooy
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Platinum

As for as I know this is not an option.

I think a big big big minus in Hubspot is the lack of translation support.

While there is an option to translate a landingpage, there isn't an option to translate a blog post.. How weird is that? It really makes no sense.

System pages also don't have translations..

Text generated on the system pages comes from Hubspot, as far as I know you don't have control over them (you can edit the text, but to translate= nope..).

The only way I can think of is using specific text strings & then using javascript to replace texts..but that's not a real clean way imo.. Wouldn't want to start messing around with that.. 

0 Me gusta
Gonzalo
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond

Hey @yannickpels,

I usually manage that with a language dictionary.

With this solution your text will be filtered depent on the slug. This is how I manage a lot of multilingual limitations with Hubspot.

Take care,

Gonzalo

If this answer helps you to solve your questions please mark it as a solution.

Thank you,

Gonzalo Torreras

HubSpot freelance developer

hola@gonzalotorreras.com
www.gonzalotorreras.com
Schedule a meeting
JulienNeoptimal
Participante

@Gonzalo Hello, it's strange becasue for me, slug string don't work on system page like my 404 error page, impossible to condition with slug.

How do you translate your system pages ?

0 Me gusta
benvanlooy

what you also could try is.. detect the browser language via javascript & then show the right "div" on your page & hide the others 🙂