CMS Development

Jun22
Participant

Theme Fields.json and Module Field

SOLVE

Hello Guys, 

Can someone help me regarding the Theme fields.json and Module fields. 

I tried to create a new fields on module e.g image below:  I tried to create a new field for Icon to set a color. If I added color on the module fields the code works and color is showing while when tried to edit on the theme settings the result is nothing. I follow the json structure on the fields.json to connect to the module field I created still now working. 

Please share me your opinion, 

Thanks guys

ScreenShot Tool -20230511172153 (1).pngScreenShot Tool -20230511172218 (1).pngScreenShot Tool -20230511172129.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert

SOLVE

Hi @Jun22

The theme fields.json is for "global" styles which will define theme-wide settings. In most cases you'll find those in the theme-overwrite.css BUT sometimes also in some modules.

The fields.json in modules is always module specific and unless it's a global module it will only affect this single instance of a module. So if you want to have the color changed globally it could make sense to put the color option into the theme fields (or simply hard code it into a CSS file). 

About your code: Replacing

{{ module.styles.drop_downs.background_profile.color.color }}

with

{{ module.styles.drop_downs.background_profile.color.css }}

will do it's job. 

Or you can write it like this(which provides the exact same result as the code above): 

rgba({{ module.styles.drop_downs.background_profile.color.color|convert_rgb }}, {{ module.styles.drop_downs.background_profile.color.opacity/100 }});

And since the icon is in an link element(a-tag) I would check if the link element has an "!important" suffix. (hopefully not)

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert

SOLVE

Hi @Jun22

The theme fields.json is for "global" styles which will define theme-wide settings. In most cases you'll find those in the theme-overwrite.css BUT sometimes also in some modules.

The fields.json in modules is always module specific and unless it's a global module it will only affect this single instance of a module. So if you want to have the color changed globally it could make sense to put the color option into the theme fields (or simply hard code it into a CSS file). 

About your code: Replacing

{{ module.styles.drop_downs.background_profile.color.color }}

with

{{ module.styles.drop_downs.background_profile.color.css }}

will do it's job. 

Or you can write it like this(which provides the exact same result as the code above): 

rgba({{ module.styles.drop_downs.background_profile.color.color|convert_rgb }}, {{ module.styles.drop_downs.background_profile.color.opacity/100 }});

And since the icon is in an link element(a-tag) I would check if the link element has an "!important" suffix. (hopefully not)

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature