CMS Development

rikotech

The view doesn't reflect updated read-only template

SOLVE

Hi All,

I am using API  to update the content of a read only template. I see (in the design-manager '/design-manager/######/templates/#######/source') the template is updated correctly, but the landing page that uses this template, does not reflect the changes.

When I opend the template source in the desing-manager I see a message This Template is read-only. May be this message has soemthing to do with the problem?

Another thing that might be good to know is that the page I am testing is published and can not be edited

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DanielSanchez
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rikotech ,

I don't know how your API case works, but I will send what I have about templates and pages on HubSpot.

A template is the basis for the pages and landing pages, only the skeleton. Changes should not be made to the template.

When the default content in a template is changed, it is not updated in LPs. Imagine an account that contains 20 pages in a template, when updating the template, it does NOT replace all content on LPs.

Changes to text and images mainly should be made on the pages and landing pages, not the templates.

When there is a need to modify 1 template for a landing page, perhaps the best option is to clone it and create a variation of it. Then choose this "new" template when editing the page.

Hope this helps.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
DanielSanchez
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @rikotech ,

I don't know how your API case works, but I will send what I have about templates and pages on HubSpot.

A template is the basis for the pages and landing pages, only the skeleton. Changes should not be made to the template.

When the default content in a template is changed, it is not updated in LPs. Imagine an account that contains 20 pages in a template, when updating the template, it does NOT replace all content on LPs.

Changes to text and images mainly should be made on the pages and landing pages, not the templates.

When there is a need to modify 1 template for a landing page, perhaps the best option is to clone it and create a variation of it. Then choose this "new" template when editing the page.

Hope this helps.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards!