CMS Development

kchung

The new Hubspot Themes

SOLVE

Hello,

I am not a developer but do know HTML/CSS.

I was trying to design a page layout with the new Hubspot Themes (the theme I am using is called Sessions) and discovered I could not edit/tweak the top menu - such as adding other elements like buttons, a phone number, a search box, etc. Same with the footer.

Is there a way I can access the main menu and footer to make further and deeper styling changes? Currently, there's' only the basic color/typography styling.

Also, I cannot make a module global within these themes. Any way this can be done?

Thank You

1 Accepted solution
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

The new Hubspot Themes

SOLVE

Hey @kchung,

I just wanted to provide an update to let you know there is a workaround to be able to work with these templates. 

This is done using the CMS-CLI, you can find more information on this tool here. With the CMS-CLI, you'll be able to get a copy of the default themes locally and then re-import them back into a new folder path on the Design Manager. This will then enable you to make edits to these templates. 

I hope this helps! 

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
kelseygalarza
Contributor | Diamond Partner

The new Hubspot Themes

SOLVE

had the same problem. LAME. The support team didn't give me this workaround idea but this will be helpful. Will try.

0 Upvotes
nikkiv
Top Contributor

The new Hubspot Themes

SOLVE

I'm having the same issue. I LOVE the new theme options but I can't add a search bar in the header. 

vish891

The new Hubspot Themes

SOLVE

Header html live in header.html in the partials.To make any updates to header you would have to update that code.

0 Upvotes
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

The new Hubspot Themes

SOLVE

Hey @kchung,

I just wanted to provide an update to let you know there is a workaround to be able to work with these templates. 

This is done using the CMS-CLI, you can find more information on this tool here. With the CMS-CLI, you'll be able to get a copy of the default themes locally and then re-import them back into a new folder path on the Design Manager. This will then enable you to make edits to these templates. 

I hope this helps! 

kchung

The new Hubspot Themes

SOLVE

Thank you @Willson 

I managed to get the default boilerplate theme files through your suggested CMS-CLI (with the help of an IT guy).

Is it possible to access the files for the existing "Sessions" theme though?

Thanks, Kwong

0 Upvotes
nikkiv
Top Contributor

The new Hubspot Themes

SOLVE

Matt - Is there someone from Hubspot that can help me with this? I am not a developer and not sure I should be doing this on my own. Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

The new Hubspot Themes

SOLVE

Hey @nikkiv @kelseygalarza 

I just want to highlight that if you wish to do edits, this is currently the only method. However, our team are working on updating the Design Manager and these new templates so that they are editable via the Design Manager in future. 

If you're unable to work with the solution posed in my initial reply, the new update will provide you with the ability to do so via the UI once released.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
nikkiv
Top Contributor

The new Hubspot Themes

SOLVE

Thanks @Willson Do you have an estimated time for when it will be available to edit in the Design Manager? 

Thanks! 

Nikki

@Willson wrote:

Hey @nikkiv @kelseygalarza 

I just want to highlight that if you wish to do edits, this is currently the only method. However, our team are working on updating the Design Manager and these new templates so that they are editable via the Design Manager in future. 

If you're unable to work with the solution posed in my initial reply, the new update will provide you with the ability to do so via the UI once released.

Thanks!

nikkiv
Top Contributor

The new Hubspot Themes

SOLVE

@Willson Is there someone at HS that can help me with this?? Or do you have a timeline regarding when you will be able to do this with the current templates?

I built out new pages with the themes and would really like to use them but without the search functionality they do not work for our business. 

Thanks! 

Nikki

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

The new Hubspot Themes

SOLVE

Hey @nikkiv 

Unfortunately there isn't a timeline I can share on this, our team are working hard to include this functionality going forward and so, the only resources to assist would be the Developer Docs we have that outline how to use the CMS-CLI.

I understand this is frustrating as you're unable to tailor these templates as you'd like at the moment but I will be sure to push this feedback internally so our team can be aware of the interest in this feature. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
kelseygalarza

The new Hubspot Themes

SOLVE

Same. I took one look at that fix and went NO WAY