CMS Development

Etynmarx
Participant | Platinum Partner

“The Domain was added by another HubSpot customer” Error

Has any tried to go live with a clients website and the domain won’t connect because “The Domain was added by another HubSpot customer” ? we can do the domain.com version but www.domain.com won’t work because of that error. Everything in the domain settings shows that things...
We’ve tried hubspot support and they say an internal team has to approve a fix?
We have to get the clients website live by Monday morning so appreciate any ideas or help!
0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Etynmarx

@Jnix284 We reviewed any sandboxes, tried to override using the DNS settings and purchased the custom SSL certification add on...nothing worked. At the time, if you entered www into a browser the site was completely down.

It ended up being a free account set up by an employee using their personal gmail email. In the default settings, the domain was added using "www.domain.com" which caused this problem

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

@Etynmarx ah, I've seen that happen quite a few times, sorry you had so much trouble tracking it down!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Director of Revenue Operations at WORQFLOW

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes
Etynmarx

@Jnix284 thank you! We deleted the free account and it still didn't work so then we needed HubSpot to manually override to get it to work

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

@Etynmarx it might be worth trying to remove the domain from the free account before deleting, I saw this happen to someone else where the settings where still there like a ghost in the background even though the account was removed.

really glad to hear they could get it overridden for you!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
Etynmarx

Is anyone from HubSpot online that could help?

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

@Etynmarx 

have you verified that the domain isn't connected in a sandbox or other account that may have been setup by the client?

also, you can try checking with the DNS provider if you can update the CNAME record

when you enter the www. domain in the browser, is it returning a website?

0 Upvotes