CMS Development

Jlawal
Top Contributor

Text Styling

I'm having a few issues applying styling to a piece of text. The text currently has the styling that we have set to the h1 tag. The tag is messing up our seo so we want to remove the h1 tag but keep the styling.

The text is in part of a global module

Any advice on how i should apply the styling and remove the h1 tag would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamila

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Jsum
Key Advisor

Text Styling

@Jlawal I would really need more information I think. Also, did you say that the H1 tag is messing up your SEO? I would be interested to know how that is happening. 

If your are wanting this new element, that you are replacing the H1 with, to have the same styling as the H1, you will want to first copy the styling for the H1. You can do this using the developers console on chrome, firefox, ie, or safari. It should be ctr + shift + i (cmd +shift _i on mac). use the element selector in the top left corner of the console to select the H1 and then copy it's css styling. Apply this styling to the new element in your css document. 

If it is an issue of css not taking you can try using !important (i.e. background: black !important;) to force the css styling. I hope this helps.

0 Upvotes