CMS Development

RepreZenTed
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Test coded email template with a contact

lösung
I’m creating a coded template for email that will use contact fields (“personalization tokens”) and fields from deals that are related to the contact.

The preview in the code editor doesn’t seem to have a way to set a contact, so I can’t see actual field values in the preview.

Is there a way to set a contact in the preview? If not, what’s the best way to test and see results as you’re coding? Create an email based on the template, and select a contact in the email preview mode? I assume I can do that, just hoping to find a more streamlined setup for the edit-test-debug cycle.
0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
BiG
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hi @RepreZenTed 

I have the same problem and up to now, I have found no shorter way than the one you describe. Currently, there is no preview with contact data directly, but only the possibility to setup an actual email and send it with a contact set as preview.

I hope they do a proper preview soon...

Hope you can also work with the solution they currently offer! Even thought it is more complicated..

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
BiG
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hi @RepreZenTed 

I have the same problem and up to now, I have found no shorter way than the one you describe. Currently, there is no preview with contact data directly, but only the possibility to setup an actual email and send it with a contact set as preview.

I hope they do a proper preview soon...

Hope you can also work with the solution they currently offer! Even thought it is more complicated..

RepreZenTed
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Thanks for your replies, @BiG  and @Mike_Eastwood. This is how I'm doing it now, using the preview mode in an email based on the coded email template. It's not too bad, really, though a real preview in the editor would be nice. 

Mike_Eastwood
Autorität | Gold Partner
Autorität | Gold Partner

lösung

Hi @RepreZenTed 

If you create an actual email, from your template, you can send a Test Email and spoof the Contact Details.

Have fun

Mike