CMS Development

sandipan_saha
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Template-specific css is overridden by theme-override.css after migration of files to client portal

SOLVE

Hi,
I was tasked with migrating a devloped theme from our sandbox account to a client's account, without getting access to the client's account via a mutual email id. Hence, the work around that I could find was to download all the files from our sandbox account to my local system using the hubspot CLI tools, and reuploading it to the client's account using the same CLI tools. This transfer happened successfully; but now a lot of the stylings for every template is getting overridden by "theme-override.css" when we preview it in the client's account. This wasn't happening in our sandbox account. Not being able to figure out a solution to this. Can I delete the "theme-override.css" file all together ? need HELP !!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Kevin-C
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

Template-specific css is overridden by theme-override.css after migration of files to client portal

SOLVE

Hey @sandipan_saha 

Sorry about that, I over looked that issue.

When in the page editor click Design > Edit Theme Settings > Reset

Screeenshot - 2021-01-21 at 8.46.28 AM.png

This should reset all of the values to the defaults set by theme you created.

Optionally you can reset the values by type/category or individually.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Kevin-C

SOLVE

Hey @sandipan_saha 

You should be able to open up the theme-override file and comment out all of the override properties.

Hope this gets you moving.

sandipan_saha
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Kevin-C ,

I have done just that actually. That way all the stylings of the theme is preserved and does not get overriden by the defualt global theme settings value. But upon doing this, it also disables the users from making any global changes to theme. That shouldn't be a cause for worry right, considering that the client had said that there won't be any change in the design ?

0 Upvotes
Kevin-C
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @sandipan_saha 

Sorry about that, I over looked that issue.

When in the page editor click Design > Edit Theme Settings > Reset

Screeenshot - 2021-01-21 at 8.46.28 AM.png

This should reset all of the values to the defaults set by theme you created.

Optionally you can reset the values by type/category or individually.