CMS Development

sjay
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Streamlining Contact Offboarding in HubSpot - Seeking Guidance

Hello HubSpot Community,

I'm seeking some advice on a specific use case related to contact management within HubSpot.

Here's the scenario: When an employee leaves our company, we want to ensure that their contact information is removed from our HubSpot system. However, we also want to be alerted if there are any dependencies or associated roles/tasks linked to that contact.

This will allow us to reassign these dependencies to another employee before safely deleting the contact.

In essence, we're looking for a streamlined way to manage contact offboarding, ensuring that we don't accidentally remove crucial information or tasks in the process.

Does anyone in the community have experience with a similar procedure or a smart way to implement this in HubSpot? Any insights, best practices, or recommended workflows would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your valuable input! 😊

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
AdamJPokora

Hay sjay,

I've stumbled upon your challange and wondered did you try tackling this via workflow? 

You could create a “status” property for each person to show if they’re active or leaving. If someone’s status changes, the workflow could automatically check if there are any tasks or deals linked to them. Basically, if the workflow finds anything that's not zero, it means there are some tasks or deals that need a new home.

Does this sound like something that would solve your issue? 

Best,

Adam 

0 Upvotes
sjay
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Hey Adam,

Thank you for your prompt response and suggestion on utilizing workflows.

I might've been unclear in my initial post; while your solution is definitely a step in the right direction for contact management, I was primarily looking for guidance on the broader employee offboarding process within HubSpot, not just from the contact perspective.

Would you, or anyone else, have insights or best practices on managing the entire employee offboarding process, especially when it comes to permissions, access, and data handling in HubSpot?

Thanks again for your valuable input!

Best,
Sanjay

0 Upvotes