CMS Development

EricaFontimedia
Contributor | Elite Partner

Speed optimization - some tool?

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to optimize my blog and despite it is not so difficult in Wordpress, what about HubSpot?

There is the SEO section that highlights some problem like "Reduce how long the page is blocked from responding to user input" or "Reduce page layout shifts".

Most of the advices come from outside HubSpot (GoogleLighthouse) and the documentation send the user outside HubSpot, to development websites.

I'm now asking: how to deal with these issues in HubSpot? Is there some tool that I'm not finding?

Because it is pretty impossibile to deal with these problems without a tool, and it seems also stange that HubSpot advice to solve them but without a clear way of how to do it.

Thanks everybody for the help!

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
ankitparmar09
Top Contributor

Hello @EricaFontimedia 

You have to image resize, minify CSS, minify JS and unused code. More information click here.

Toole link:

1) https://gtmetrix.com/

2) https://blog.hubspot.com/website/how-to-optimize-website-speed

I hope it can help you.

image.png

EricaFontimedia

Thank you for your message, I know this kind of tools but this is not what I need.

These are useful to analyze and to find problems but not to solve them.

Deleting unused CSS and Javascript is really difficult because these tool analyze the single page, so deleting what they highlight can cause problems in other pages.
In Wordpress there are a lot of plugins to deal with these issue in a quite fast way.
This is what I mean with "tools".

0 Upvotes
stefen
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

@EricaFontimedia typically images and javascript are the primary performance issues for most websites including HubSpot. You can optimize your images by making sure the right size images are being used on the page, using the correct image format (JPG for photos, SVG for illustrations), and lazy loading images.

Javascript is a little bit harder to give advice on how to optimize without seeing the page. Your HubSpot theme may require rewriting portions of the theme to remove unnecessary dependencies such as jQuery or any other 3rd party libraries. Limiting the amount of HubSpot forms, CTAs, tracking pixels, etc... can also help improve js performance.

Hope that helps!

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer
EricaFontimedia

Thanks for the answer,

anyway this is still a general guideline on how to improve performance.

Finding unused Javascript and css is not so easy to do.

I didn't ask about images because this is the easiest issue to solve.

0 Upvotes
Anton
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Hi @EricaFontimedia

if you really want to optimize your performance you'll need to dive into theme development and develop your own theme with your desired optimizations or - if you've bought a (premium) theme from the marketplace - try contacting the theme developer and ask him for help.

As far as I know there's no real tool like a WordPress plugin which handles everything "with one button click". 

So if GTMetrix or PageSpeed tells you to improve X you must investigate the cause and solve it independently. 

For instance if you're loading some JS files from an external source, upload those scripts to HubSpot. This will reduce the loading time

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
EricaFontimedia

Hi Anton,

thank for clarify.

Almost nothing can be fixed with one click, neither in Wordpress.

🙂

It requires hours of jobs and to experiment a bit.

But doing everything manually I suppose would be too much work and probably the result doesn't worth the effort!

0 Upvotes