CMS Development

MosesKaplan
Miembro

Single Account - Multiple (Unrelated) Domain/Websites

resolver

Hi,

My employer is currently a long time HubSpot user with a website attached to their account. Recently my employer has requested that I help create a new website to be connected to the same account. The new domain(s) has already been procured and is ready to be connected to a website - which I will build. I would like to know if the following are possible, and if so how to go about moving forward with creating the new site:

1.)  Can 1 account have 2 separate website with 2 separate domains that are unrelated?

2.) Where do I go on HubSpot to add in a new domain? 

3.) How on the control pannel/backend of HubSpot do I switch back and forth between multiple domains/sites (within the same account)?

4.) Can the 2 separate websites be running on 2 separate theme templates or must they be running on the same theme? 

Thanks so much for the help! 🙂 

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
Phil_Vallender
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @MosesKaplan

Managing multiple domains/websites is possible a couple of ways in HubSpot, each has pros and cons. 

Basically, an enterprise account can support publishing web pages to multiple domains. You can add additional domains to an enterprise account in Content Settings > Domain Manager. When multiple domains are connected, there is a domain switcher in the website pages section - it's always there actually. And, finally, yes the pages on each site can use totally different templates. 

But, running two unrelated sites side by side on an enterprise account is messy. The contacts database, email sending settings, and analytics are all shared between the two sites, and this can lead to big problems. 

In many cases, its preferable to run an additional Pro account for the second site. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Hi @MosesKaplan

The Pro account only lets you publish website pages to one domain. You can publish blog posts and landing pages to different domains but you cant spread website pages across them.

You will still need an enterprise account if you want to do that. 

While merged contacts and email sound ok, keyword performance and analytics are also pooled, which can cause issues, but you may be ok with that too. 

Good luck 🙂

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
3 Respuestas 3
Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Hi @MosesKaplan

Managing multiple domains/websites is possible a couple of ways in HubSpot, each has pros and cons. 

Basically, an enterprise account can support publishing web pages to multiple domains. You can add additional domains to an enterprise account in Content Settings > Domain Manager. When multiple domains are connected, there is a domain switcher in the website pages section - it's always there actually. And, finally, yes the pages on each site can use totally different templates. 

But, running two unrelated sites side by side on an enterprise account is messy. The contacts database, email sending settings, and analytics are all shared between the two sites, and this can lead to big problems. 

In many cases, its preferable to run an additional Pro account for the second site. 

Hope this helps.

0 Me gusta
MosesKaplan
Miembro

resolver

Hi Phil,

Thanks so much for your reply. I am currently working with a Pro account on HubSpot. Will it not work to use multiple domains and have multiple sites unless I have an enterprise account? Thanks for your clarification. 

Also the contact merging is not going to be an issue as my employer only uses the websites for visibility and not for leads or mass communication purposes - so in that regard the mixing of the contact sets will not disrupt the intention. 

Thanks again! 

0 Me gusta
Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Hi @MosesKaplan

The Pro account only lets you publish website pages to one domain. You can publish blog posts and landing pages to different domains but you cant spread website pages across them.

You will still need an enterprise account if you want to do that. 

While merged contacts and email sound ok, keyword performance and analytics are also pooled, which can cause issues, but you may be ok with that too. 

Good luck 🙂

0 Me gusta